1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

App for messages left?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by BishopNoble, Mar 1, 2010.

1. BishopNoble

BishopNoble New Member

I'm looking to find out if there's an app that displays the number of text messages you have left before your next billing cycle. If such a thing doesn't exist, it may be a cool app for someone to develop.
  2. airborne3e9

airborne3e9 New Member

some apps, like handcent, have message counters built in that u can use to keep track of things like that...in this case its just a setting in handcent but i haven't seen anything strictly for that purpose...hope this helps....good luck
  3. christim

christim Super Moderator

In the market there is a verizon app. It has some stats....dunno if that has what you need.
  4. BishopNoble

BishopNoble New Member

I found the verizon app. It works good (after going through several menus) I guess what I want is a widget that sits on my homescreen and counts down from a set number everytime I send or receive a message from someone outside the verizon network -.- I guess that is a little specific to me because I only have 500 outside verizon text messages... oh well. Thanks for the advice!
  5. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Well... the 'my verizon' app can be used to check it.. but it doesn't help me, because its allways my 2nd line (my girlfried), that goes over.. and you can't chose your other line on that app to check it. So it appears we are stuck going to the actual website to check...
  6. BishopNoble

BishopNoble New Member

Bleh. Yeah, I think this would be a handy app to develop. It wouldn't even need to access your account. If all you did was tell it how many messages you were allowed per month, when your bill cycled, and what numbers would reduce that original amount of text'd it wouldn't have to check every 5 seconds to see what your current balance was.