App for combining emails?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by mikem88, Jul 17, 2011.

1. mikem88

mikem88 New Member

New to Android and love my new Droid 3. I have looked around for Apps and am either dumb, or blind, or there really isn't one that will meet my needs.

Is there an App that will combine my Hotmail, gmail, and exchange emails into a single in-box and provide notifications when I get new email?

K-9 looks the closest but it doesn't seem to like the hotmail? Is this a difficult "programming" thing in Android?

Thank you! I'm very happy to see the robust community already building around this phone.

Thank you!
  2. sarreq

sarreq New Member

without MS supporting android (write the opposite, actually), it'll be hard finding one. there are a few third party standalone hotmail apps, it's possible over of them is designed to work with the system sync, which would let you read your hotmail (and the rest) in blur's messaging app
  3. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

have you tried the stock email or messaging apps?

You can enter an email address and password and I'm guessing it would sync. I only have gmail, so I can't tell you. However, the messaging app pulls texts and PMs from facebook into one screen. the "Universal Inbox"
  4. wkearney99

wkearney99 New Member

No chance with hotmail unless you pull the messages from it using POP. hotmail uses their own proprietary interface (deltasync) and not IMAP. Stupid move, but then it's a free service from which they get advertising dollars. When you connect via a mail client you skip the ads. So it's no surprise for them to do nothing to help that.

So pull your hotmail messages via POP into another account that has IMAP and go from there.
  5. mikem88

mikem88 New Member

Thank you!

Thank you for your responses. They make sense. Universal inbox offers the closest experience to what I'm looking for (was used to on my previous phone/OS).
  6. PuneE

PuneE New Member

The stock Android email app on my Droid^1 was great for all the emails i use, listing my emails separately or showing all my new emails in a combined list when i get a new email notification from multiple emails, but this revised Blur Email is a piece of garbage.

There are so many things on this new BLUR that while all it looks snappy & pretty, once it comes down to using them, u start to realize how it''s all taken a step back in productivity & efficiency.
  7. The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14 New Member

Such a drop in productivity and efficiency makes me wonder if we're missing something?
Search tags for this page

android app that combines email inbox

android consolidate email accounts

android email app that combines all accounts

app for combined emails
app that combines all emails into one

app to combine all emails

app to combine email accounts

best android app to combine email accounts

combine emails to one app

combined email app for android

combining hotmail for android