1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

App for changing the way you answer your phone?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Matth3w, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Something small, very lite, very quick, that allows you to not have to slide the thing across to get a phone call?
  2. funken

funken New Member

Let's hope something comes out. Whoever came up with that slider dealio should be fired.
  3. Mtig

Mtig New Member

Tru Dat I hate the slider key to pick up and hang up its the worst part of my phone
  4. lilybelle

lilybelle New Member

I agree the slider is difficult at best - un safe at worst. I am amazed at a phone that does all these amazing things can't be answered easily. Not to mention the fact that it has to be looked at to flash between calls and I mute it all the time if I don't hold it "just so" away from my face. sigh. I'm beginning to think I'm just not smart phone material. :blink:
  5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

6. acturbo

acturbo New Member

7. techguru

techguru Member

I just answer with my bluetooth headset button:)

now if google voice would just start using voice recognition on answer so I wouldn't still need to touch the phone to finish answering when someone calls my gv number I would be thrilled.
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

+1 too both... (fyi techguru, I found it easier to just turn off the key-prompt(s) in GV... I just just use the BT button to ignore the call (or for some people in GV just have them always go straight to VM:icon_ devil:, I never really use(d) the Listen in Feature).

For anyone wanting/needing a GREAT BT headset and/or BT headphones for CHEAP:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17002-samsung-wep870-bt-sale-29-a.html
    Link was still working yesterday. Be sure to use code ACC20 to get them for only $23
  9. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

I like the slider, as it keeps me from accidentally answering my phone while pulling it out of my pocket. Just my opinion. Haven't seen any app that claims to change the method of answering the phone though. Sorry!
  10. acturbo

acturbo New Member

Same headset is $18 with free shipping at newegg.com. :)
  11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Loved newegg till recently... Last 2 items I got from them shipped slowly and were damaged. While their CS is great (instant refunds) I'd rather not go through the hassle. VZW has free OVERNIGHT fedex, and if anythings wrong you can just take it back to your local store. But too each their own.
  12. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

13. cb2000a

cb2000a New Member

Sometimes I cannot swipe the screen to answer the calls (screen freezes up or is unresponsive). So I have to call them back.
  14. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I always liked the slider....do admit that it has lagged a bit before while trying to answer...but i always thought it was a neat little effect...one thing that always got me was people complaining about slidng to just simply unlock, not answer, I mean that's about the easiest option they could've come up with to unlock the phone!? One little swipe and that's it!? But I wish they would've kept the wheel from 2.0 that you spun one way or the other to unlock and answer calls...I thought that wheel was something neat that separated it from other phones like the iPhone but then they just had to make the Droid resemble it some way...
  15. takeshi

takeshi New Member

What alternative would you suggest? I mean, how would you propose to prevent accidentally answering calls that you don't want to answer? Or is that not a concern for you?
  16. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    I've owned a plethora of phones in my adult life and not one has had a sliding lock. I've never "accidentally" answered a call that I didn't want to. Your pocket isn't going to just answer the phone for you, it has to be some sort of skin/body part because of the feedback on the phone....for the same reason that my wife can't use the phone with her fingernails, you shouldn't be able to just accidentally answer.
  17. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

Matt my Lg's Envs would randomly call people VIA my pocket or holster, it pissed me off or when I when I would get a call trying to get the phone out of the pocket it would answer before I intended to hit the answer button.

so the sliding to unlock is NICE I have not had a pocket dial yet or premature answering of the phone.

I think you should learn some code and design you own apps to your liking and start selling them in the market.

-=Jason=-
  18. Zippster

Zippster New Member

Hate the dam slider, the regular slider when bringing the phone out of sleep works everytime, dam phone one keeps jumping backwards all the time to where I either get the call on the final ring or it goes to VM...:icon_evil:
  19. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

I doubt that's true, my phone was in my pocket, and sent a text message to a friend of mine with the body of the message something like this: ",m,n,mmjjhnlkknln"
    I've also had it send text messages I haven't been able to finish due to having something else come up. I'll put the phone in my pocket, and pull it out to see an unfinished message already sent before the lock engaged.
  20. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

How do other touchscreen phones handle answering? Is there one that does it better than others?

I am looking at my Droid trying to think of a way you could answer that would:

a)be easier than using current slider
    b)still avoid accidental answering when pulling the phone out of your man purse
    c) that would be reasonable to code an execute

-an on screen "button" that you have to double tap?
    -reroute the answer responsibility to another button like the camera button?
    -a chip inside your brain that transmits your thought and desires to the phone: thinking<answer phone!>

Maybe it would just be good enough in the developer gave you an option in setting as to how you would like to answer.
Search tags for this page
android app that changehow to answer phone
android change how you answer phone
app to change answer phone calls
app to change how i answer my phone
apps that you can change the way you unlock your iphone
change answer call android
change how you answer android

change the way you answer calls on android

change the way you answer on android
change way answer phone android
how to change answer mode on android
how to change call answering mode on android

how to change the way you answer your android

how to change the way you answer your android phone
is there a way to change the way you answer a call?