App for changing the way you answer your phone?

M

Matth3w

Something small, very lite, very quick, that allows you to not have to slide the thing across to get a phone call?

funken

Reaction score
Something small, very lite, very quick, that allows you to not have to slide the thing across to get a phone call?

Let's hope something comes out. Whoever came up with that slider dealio should be fired.

lilybelle

Reaction score
I agree the slider is difficult at best - un safe at worst. I am amazed at a phone that does all these amazing things can't be answered easily. Not to mention the fact that it has to be looked at to flash between calls and I mute it all the time if I don't hold it "just so" away from my face. sigh. I'm beginning to think I'm just not smart phone material. :blink:

techguru

Reaction score
I just answer with my bluetooth headset button:)

now if google voice would just start using voice recognition on answer so I wouldn't still need to touch the phone to finish answering when someone calls my gv number I would be thrilled.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

now if google voice would just start using voice recognition on answer so I wouldn't still need to touch the phone to finish answering when someone calls my gv number I would be thrilled.

+1 too both... (fyi techguru, I found it easier to just turn off the key-prompt(s) in GV... I just just use the BT button to ignore the call (or for some people in GV just have them always go straight to VM:icon_ devil:, I never really use(d) the Listen in Feature).

For anyone wanting/needing a GREAT BT headset and/or BT headphones for CHEAP:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17002-samsung-wep870-bt-sale-29-a.html
Link was still working yesterday. Be sure to use code ACC20 to get them for only $23

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like the slider, as it keeps me from accidentally answering my phone while pulling it out of my pocket. Just my opinion. Haven't seen any app that claims to change the method of answering the phone though. Sorry!

acturbo

Reaction score

+1 too both... (fyi techguru, I found it easier to just turn off the key-prompt(s) in GV... I just just use the BT button to ignore the call (or for some people in GV just have them always go straight to VM:icon_ devil:, I never really use(d) the Listen in Feature).

For anyone wanting/needing a GREAT BT headset and/or BT headphones for CHEAP:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17002-samsung-wep870-bt-sale-29-a.html
Link was still working yesterday. Be sure to use code ACC20 to get them for only $23

Same headset is $18 with free shipping at newegg.com. :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same headset is $18 with free shipping at newegg.com. :)

Loved newegg till recently... Last 2 items I got from them shipped slowly and were damaged. While their CS is great (instant refunds) I'd rather not go through the hassle. VZW has free OVERNIGHT fedex, and if anythings wrong you can just take it back to your local store. But too each their own.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Sometimes I cannot swipe the screen to answer the calls (screen freezes up or is unresponsive). So I have to call them back.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always liked the slider....do admit that it has lagged a bit before while trying to answer...but i always thought it was a neat little effect...one thing that always got me was people complaining about slidng to just simply unlock, not answer, I mean that's about the easiest option they could've come up with to unlock the phone!? One little swipe and that's it!? But I wish they would've kept the wheel from 2.0 that you spun one way or the other to unlock and answer calls...I thought that wheel was something neat that separated it from other phones like the iPhone but then they just had to make the Droid resemble it some way...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What alternative would you suggest? I mean, how would you propose to prevent accidentally answering calls that you don't want to answer? Or is that not a concern for you?