App Drawer Lag

Creed

Reaction score
I have been testing many ROMs and Kernal combinations looking for something that truly makes this phone feel as smooth as others of the same class and have yet to find it. That is not to say that I am unhappy with the phone, it is quite the opposite, but the millisecond lag that occurs when trying to launch the app drawer bothers me far more than it probably should.

So my question is simple: Has anyone found a way to make the app drawer launch smoothly?

Thanks! :)

I feel very petty for asking, honestly, but for reference I have tried so far: Zygot 1.8, Rootzboat, and am currently using AOKP's v11 build with leankernal.

I think that the closest I got was using Rootzboat with HeyItsLou's kernal but even then it was there.

So thanks for the help!

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I am rooted running stock and only notice lag once every few days

OP
Creed

Creed

Reaction score
I think most people do. It is very, very short but for some unexplained reason it bothers me immensely. I think OCD is to blame. I tested the lag against a friend's Rezound and they both get to the drawer at the same time but the Rezound starts the animation immediately while the Nexus has a faster animation that doesn't start for a millisecond or two.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I shut off the animations and that worked for me. I also got Ram Manager from the market and that helped a bit. It seems to scroll through the drawer screens smoother as well.

OP
Creed

Creed

Reaction score
How do you turn off the animations? Also, what exactly does ram manager do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
How do you turn off the animations? Also, what exactly does ram manager do?

The animations settings are under Developer Options. The ram manager is in the market, check'r out!

OP
Creed

Creed

Reaction score
Oh, my animations are off and I still see an animation when opening the app tray. Gonna download ram managernow. Thanks :)

Do you mean this ram manager? There are more than one.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartprojects.RAMOptimizationFree

Last edited: