App Compatibility

SixEighteen

Reaction score
As with my last thread, I hope that this is in the right place, and that it hasn't been answered too many times before. The search function for the forum didn't bring anything like what I was looking for.

I first encountered this issue after the release of the Blockbuster app that debuted with the Droid X; I went to the Market to look it up, to read more about it, and possibly even download it, as this was well before Netflix had completed its streaming app. However, to my surprise, nothing turned up when I searched for the app. I've had similar problems with other apps, like HBO Go, which also does not come up when searched for in the Market.

I was able to find a QR code for HBO Go and scan it. The Market page for HBO Go finally did show up; however, instead of a download button, it said "Your phone is not compatible with this app." The HBO Go online Market page says that the app requires Android 2.1 - 2.3.3, and the Blockbuster online Market page says only 2.1 and up is required; my current phone, an OG Droid, is running 2.2.2, theoretically within both these limits. I thought perhaps it might be the processor speed; however, I do have the Netflix app on my phone, and streaming seems to function just fine. I can't seem to find out any reason why the Droid should not be able to support one or both of these apps. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

OP
SixEighteen

SixEighteen

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out? If this is a terribly obvious question that I'm missing the answer to, I apologize. I have HBO and would really like to be able to stream HBO GO like I do Netflix.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I got the same when I tried. It has happened to me too before, but I never got an answer either. I would try to email the developers of the apps and see if they can offer any help.

OP
SixEighteen

SixEighteen

Reaction score
I got the same when I tried. It has happened to me too before, but I never got an answer either. I would try to email the developers of the apps and see if they can offer any help.
I mean, I hardly imagine I'm the only person to have this issue. It seemed highly improbable that I'm the only OG owner trying to install HBO GO or Blockbuster. I wanted to create this thread to see if other people had had this issue.