App Backup And Restore No Root Required

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
EHzy6UGXd0vjGcIOgty9tClOiEVIKHTh-i9I7FzIoO4mxzywvwBun1Gtz2epv1w9NA=w300

There are several backup apps available that will allow you to backup your apps, settings, and more. This can be useful especially if anything ever goes wrong with your phone and you have to get a replacement. There are plenty of other reasons that you may need to backup your phone. Most of the backup apps available do require you be rooted. There is a new app,"App Backup & Restore", that allows you to backup apps, and more with no root.

yybZX6wZU0PMqt-HBtlqPxAYYrWMNUY2tWVgLzQv-IPf_rqCyFYoUubRJTlQC2esRxba=h310
rhs-mAVUcuI-nrr3nQsE-ymKhU5OQ2y-UV18C74LzOSYpAhNUbaFuClGUFrUGbf8t3M=h310

Features of the app include backup your apps to sdcard, send apps between devices via wifi, batch backup, backup market link for protected apps, restore apps from sdcard, batch restore, quick uninstalling, sort apps by name/install date/size, auto backup on install, show storage usage, multi version backup, search app from google play store, send apk file by email, share play store link, support apps2sd, app manager and more. Head to the play store link below for the free download.

via Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:

swc2001

Reaction score
Man..... if someone finds a way to Nandroid Backup the phone without Root..... there wont be much need for root anymore....
Bravo to that Dev!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The app called Helium does this as well. If you want cloud backup, you need to buy the premium version (I did and am not disappointed with it). The only downside is if you dont' have root, you need to connect your phone to your computer once per reboot of the device to enable the ability to access app data and back it up.

I wonder how this one stacks up.

[[[EDIT]]]

After looking at the app on the Play Store, it cannot backup the data of apps *** Notice: App Backup cannot backup data or settings of apps for you, but it only backup the apk files.

Q: Does it backup data of apps?
A: No, currently it only backup the apk files of apps.

Helium can backup the data of apps without root by plugging it in to your computer, the app recognizing it and then you can unplug and go about your business backing stuff up.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If it can't backup app data then what's the point of this app? Google restores all the apps once you sign into the device so the only thing missing would be your app data from previous device or software version.