[APP] Awesome Drop

dswartze

Reaction score
Check out Awesome Drop in the Android Market. It is a free app that allows you to drop a file onto your browser window (Awesome Drop from Dashwire Labs) and have it auto-magically download to your Android device. It works over 3G and Wifi.

You must use a HTML5 compatible browser. No account is needed.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet! Kinda like chrome to phone but it sends files. Nice find! dancedroid

pyro6128

Reaction score
holy crap this app is amazing, excellent find!!!

Smokie

Reaction score
yah i gotta chime in as well this is totally awesome.. I don't seem to have any problem transfering things over 3g. sent a 2mb file in about 3 seconds.. thats fast enough :D

Abby Normal

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but can't we already do this drag and drop by just mounting the droid to the computer via usb????

What am I missing here?

pyro6128

Reaction score
the fact that you have to mount it via usb, with this you dont have to

OP
D

dswartze

Reaction score
Another use, i needed a PDF from a friend, so I had him go to the website, give me the 4 digit auth code, and he dropped the document onto my phone. I know he could have emailed it to me, but I wanted to see if this viable. When I was done, I just clicked reset on the app so that my friend could no longer send my phone files.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pyro6128

Reaction score
Another use, i needed a PDF from a friend, so I had him go to the website, give me the 4 digit auth code, and he dropped the document onto my phone. I know he could have emailed it to me, but I wanted to see if this viable. When I was done, I just clicked reset on the app so that my friend could no longer send my phone files.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i didnt even think of that, but that is a pretty great use. Thats good for files that may be too large for an email