'

sgelber

Reaction score
Every time I use an apostrophe in an email sent from by RAZR, it appears to me correctly, however, the recipient receives is as ' in place of each one. So, instead of seeing it's the recipient sees it's. I have seen reference to this error throughout the latter part of 2012, but there were no fixes for the problem. Has anything changed? Have their been any updates or creative ideas as to how to resolve this issue?

mf5318

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Is anyone responding on this?

OP
S

sgelber

Reaction score
Can someone from Motorola please respond to us!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I might suggest posting on the Motorola forums if you want someone from Motorola to reply, probably a quicker way to get them to reply.

Also, are you using stock texting? ICS or. JB? are you sending only to iPhone users?

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

mf5318

Reaction score
Text type

Not sure about ICS or JB. Could not find these text settings. &apos problem does not occur during mobile phone texting only during email. The emails where every apostrophe was converted to &apos occurred to desk top computers. I'll check on the Motorola site. Thanks.

OP
S

sgelber

Reaction score
If you learn anything post back here too!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Switch from the stock email app to K-9. It's a much better email app anyway and I've read that it cures this aggrevating issue. I've also read that some folks claimed cures by switching to a third party keyboard app.

Good luck.

mf5318

Reaction score
It seemed like the &apos issue was one occurring between the email app and the email provider, so I decided to try the recommended K-9 app. It worked!!! No more &apos inserts. The email account set-up went smoother as well. I have also had problem with emails & a 100k picture attachment not being sent while in 3/4G. Maybe this will cure that as well but I haven't checked it yet. Success with the Droid Forum! Thank you all.:biggrin: