1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Aplication List **ROOTED ONLY**

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Spectral, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Well I figure that since the Droid has now been rooted it will be only a matter of time before apps start coming out for the Droid that need root access so I figure I would start a thread early to compile all of the applications as they come out.

Post the applications as they come out, or as you find them and I will update the list I have here.

APPLICATION LIST
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Android Terminal Emulator (FREE) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    A TERMINAL EMULATOR FOR COMMUNICATING WITH THE BUILT-IN ANDROID SHELL. EMULATES A REASONABLY LARGE SUBSET OF DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION VT-100 TERMINAL CODES
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Better Terminal Emulator Pro ($3.99) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    ASH SHELL WITH COMMAND HISTORY AND EDITING
    Terminal Emulator (FREE) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    THIS IS THE TERM APP WRITTEN BY GOOGLE. THIS APPLICATION ALLOWS YOU TO PULL UP THE LINUX COMMAND LINE ON YOURR PHONE
    Drocap2 (FREE) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    SCREEN CAPTURE UTILITY. TAP START BUTTON AND SHAKE THE DEVICE OR WAIT FOR TIMER TO CAPTURE SCREEN IMAGE. THIS WORKS WELL WITH "SUPERUSER WHITELIST" ENVIRONMENT.
    Adfree Android (FREE) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    REMOVES MOST ADS IN THE BROWSER AND OTHER APPS IT DOES THIS BY NULLIFYING REQUESTS TO KNOW HOSTSNAMES SERVING ADS
    SU File Manager and Terminal ($1.99) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    ROOT FILE MANAGER WITH SU, TERMINAL, SEARCH, MOUNT, CHMOD, SYMLINK, VIEW/EDIT/SAVE FILES, SH/RC SCRIPTS, EMAIL, HOME/FAVS, DOWNLOADER, MULTI-SELECT, CREATE/EXTRACT ZIP, PC BROWSER.
    Autostart (Root) (FREE) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    THIS APPLICATION RUNS /DATA/OPT/AUTOSTART.SH AS ROOT AFTER BOOTING THE DEVICE AND FINISHES. /DATA/OPT/AUTOSTART.SH NOT PROVIDED YOU NEED TO CREATE IT AND FILL SOME COMMANDS YOU WANNA RUN AT START UP.
    Root Manager (1.99 **$2.91**) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    ROOT MANAGER IS TOOL FOR ALL ROOT USERS. IT ALLOWS YOU TO EASILY REBOOT NORMAL, RECOVER, BOOTLOADER(WIDGET), REMOUNT /SYSTEM, WIPE YOUR DATA, REMOVE SYSTEM APPS, MANAGE DATA CONNECTIONS, MANAGE SD CARD MOUNT
    Android Scripting Environment (ASE) (FREE) (AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE)
    THE ANDROID SCRIPTING ENVIRONMENT (ASE) BRINGS SCRIPTING LANGUAGES TO ANDROID BY ALLOWING YOU TO EDIT AND EXECUTE SCRIPTS AND INTERACTIVE INTERPRETERS DIRECTLY ON THE ANDROID DEVICE.
    Root Explorer (File Manager) (UK£1.20 **$1.95**) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    THE ULTIMATE FILE MANAGER FOR ROOT USERS. ACCESS THE WHOLE OF ANDROIDS FILE SYSTEM (INCLUDING THE ELUSIVE DATA FOLDER!). INCLUDES MULTI-SELECT, ZIP FILES, EXECUTE SCRIPTS, SEARCH, REMOUNT, PERMISSIONS, BOOKMARKS, EMAIL, HOME.
    Move Cache for Root Users (FREE) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    MOVE CACHE OF BROSWER, MARKET, MAPS, STREETVIEW, GMAIL, STEEL ON FAT32 SD (SDCARD/CACHE/NAMEAPP) AND REVERT. BACK UP AND RESTORE SMS AND APPS.
    SetCPU for Root Users ($0.99)(AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    CHANGES THE CPU CLOCK (OVERCLOCK OR UNDERCLOCK) ON YOU G1, ADP1, MAGIC OR GALAXY TO GREATLY INCREASE PERFORMANCE OR SAVE BATTERY. DROID USERS MUST HAVE THE SPERUSER PERMISSIONS APP, WHICH WASN'T IN THE DROID ROOT BY DEFAULT.
    Schedule Scripting App (FREE)(AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE)
    SCHEDULE SCRIPTS TO RUN AT SPECIFIC TIME AND TIME INTERVALS
    CacheMate ($1.00)(AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    CLEAR CACHE FROM OVER 80 APPS WITH THE CLICK OF A BUTTON. CHOOSE WHICH CASHES TO CLEAR, AUTO-CLEAR, CLEAR SOME CACHES FROM SD CARD, AND BACKUP/RESTORE CACHEMATE SETTINGS.
    Bluetooth Fileshare - Bluex (2.00 **$2.91**) (AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET)
    RECEIVING FILES REQUIRE ROOT, SENDING WORKS WITHOUT IT. IT LETS YOU SEND AND RECEIVE FILES TO/FROM OTHER PHONES AND DEVICES THAT USE THE STANDARD OBEX PUSH PROTOCAL.
    DroidRootHelper (FREE)(AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE)
    I have made an app for rooted droids to assist in installing busybox,flash_image and such.To use the app though you must have root first found here and have the the folder named Tools on the root of your sdcard
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. bernal125

bernal125 New Member

drocap2 screen capture app. Could you make sure that the apps on the list are Droid compatible I know drocap2 is
  3. bernal125

bernal125 New Member

Oh ya and adfree app, its a app that removes any ads from your browser or like Pandora
  4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Add to the list:

SU File Manager and Terminal
    Autostarts
    Root Manager (includes reboot widget)
  5. czahrt

czahrt New Member

6. Randomocity

Randomocity New Member

I like root file explorer. Cost 2 bucks, but allows me to rename system apps and such and adds a button that mounts the system folder as read/write so that you dont have to deal with the terminal when deleting and renaming apps.
  7. Spectral

Spectral New Member

List has been updated!!
  8. sian0120

sian0120 New Member

thumb up!

subscribed!
  9. volando

volando New Member

woah, adfree... i've been waiting for that. Time to go root :)

p.s. great thread, keep it updated please!
  10. Royal2000H

Royal2000H New Member

Haha agreed. I saw no purpose rooting the droid yet until I just saw this.
  11. Spectral

Spectral New Member

I will keep the list updated as long as people keep posting apps. Once I get more apps up ill fully categorize the list.
  12. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank New Member

ok since my phone is rooted, is there any app or any way i can customize things like LED blinking color, or how bright the LEDs light up and so forth?
  13. AudioCow

AudioCow New Member

"Move Cache for Root Users" aka TA Utility works somewhat.

It stores the cache of several programs on the SD Card and also Backs up SMS and Apps to the SD Card.

It worked fine for me except backing up the Market and Google Maps Cache to SD Card caused some issues.
  14. Deuel

Deuel New Member

I like the progress! Subscribed, for sure!
  15. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

shameless subscription, and thank you to those who briefly describe what the app allows you to do.

Craig
  16. Spectral

Spectral New Member

I updated the list slightly. i saw the previous post thanks some for descriptions which made me realize i should have descriptions of each application on the list. so i updated each app with a description of what it is. i also updated the list with the costs of the apps and where they can be found beings that some apps are not going to be in the market.
  17. sparticus

sparticus New Member

root app

set cpu for root - it allows overclocking of the phone. Not sure if it works with droid. has anybody tried it.
  18. hesiquio

hesiquio New Member

some body know if spear parts works in the droid?
  19. Zodduska

Zodduska New Member

Handy list, nice formatting now too.. thanks!
  20. tallperson117

tallperson117 New Member

I believe setCpu works now, I'm beta testing it for the developer and it works great, it doesn't let you overclock the droid yet tho, apparently we have to wait for a new ikernel for that, it allows me to set the cpu all the way down when its sleeping tho so my droids battery lasts forever, I highly recommend it, and its 99 cents
Search tags for this page
droid apps root
droid rooted apps list

list of all root apps

list of all root only apps
list of all the rooted apps
list of applications that require root
list of markets for rooted android
list of rooted applications

list of rooted apps

list of rooted s3 apps
list of the application which can only be downloaded on the