apkbuilder.bat

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mjones1052, Mar 11, 2010.

1. mjones1052

mjones1052 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone ever messed with this? Reason I ask is because we have been theming apps, but they won't work if you try to install them, so we must push them to system/app to get them to work. I just broke down Pandora, changed all the graphics, used the apkbuilder.bat with the correct syntax to put the folder structure back together, installed on my phone, and it came up with all my changes.

I'm just trying to understand because if you look at different ROM's sometimes they will theme apps but they will always push them to system. Basically, you can use 7zip to extract any .apk you pull from your phone, go in to the res folders and change any images you want, move the folder structure to your android-sdk-windows/tools folder, then use apkbuilder to put it back together. And it works perfectly.

I guess it's kinda the same thing as using eclipse, EXCEPT, with Eclipse you have no way of importing the file system, you get parsing errors when trying to import a binary xml it seems, but this works perfectly as a command line tool for the same thing.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. Topsy

Topsy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give it a shot if you wanna share what the "correct syntax" is.

Yes it's true u can't import a binary xml to eclipse, but u can download the source code and get the uncompiled version.

3. mjones1052

mjones1052 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It tell you the usage when you try to execute it, correct syntax isn't magic. But sure, you can download the Android source and get uncompiled version, but what about aftermarket apps?

4. Topsy

Topsy Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. mjones1052

mjones1052 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I have AXMLPrinter2, it's pretty nice. Only problem is while you can turn the xml's in to readable .txt files, you can't just put them back in the folder and expect them to work, they need to be turned in to binary, but I'm sure you know that. And you can't run them through Eclipse like you would a .9.png because you will get a ton of errors when Eclipse looks for the references in the .xml you imported. You can use axmlprinter, and a hex editor to change things around, then push them directly in to the .apk's but a lot of times that will cause problems. I'm still testing, and I have work right now so I don't have time, but if this program compiles the xml's from human readable to binary, then I think it would prove and invaluable tool. Basically it would be the same as running them through Eclipse, only without Eclipse *****ing about one thing or another.

Search tags for this page

apkbuilder

apkbuilder android change
apkbuilder command line
apkbuilder download

apkbuilder.bat

apkbuilder.bat 下载
apkbuilder.bat missing
download apkbuilder
download apkbuilder.bat
how to use apkbuilder