Apk files not installing

voodooman128

Reaction score
Before anybody starts yelling at me. Lol i do know the process. For some reason i cant install any apk that is not from the market. Is this a function the bionic blocks. I am doing the same thing i have been for years. Also, y does it show sd and sd ext. Is there a difference and where should i put my files. Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Only requirement is to check in application settings "unknown sources". I done it several times. Does not require root either.

Sd is internal. Sd-ext means the removable sd card.

I put my apk on the removable sd card, navigate to it and install.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
V

voodooman128

Reaction score
Thats weird cause i have everything checked like it should but i still get parsing errors or just not wanting to install. I guess im gonna keep trying.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I also have had problems installing apk files. Not any from the market or even downloaded from the web using the same method wseyller mentioned. But when backing up apps while trying to debloat my phone or installing (th3orys i believe) a new gmail apk I run into the same problems. I've changed ownership, permissions and location to no avail.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe that there may be a bug in the package installer. Oftentimes, I either get "invalid package file" or "not enough space". Most of the time, a subsequent attempt will be successful. This tends to happen with both market and non-market APKs.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats weird cause i have everything checked like it should but i still get parsing errors or just not wanting to install. I guess im gonna keep trying.

You might try using one of the file managers that's available in the market - maybe Astro?

OP
V

voodooman128

Reaction score
I've used astro and 4 others. Wat I just did was plugged the phone to pc n dragged them over. I miss the days if being able to just download straight to phone to

rwking

Reaction score
I've used astro and 4 others. Wat I just did was plugged the phone to pc n dragged them over. I miss the days if being able to just download straight to phone to

Have you tried attaching it to an email and emailing it to yourself? That's the fool-proof method. I experienced some trouble installing apps after I initially Flashed the Th3ory ROM. It's a great ROM, but for me, it's just a little too early to be doing that. So, I went back to stock and rooted. This way I'm ready when Th3ory releases something super solid. Of course, it might not have anything to do with his ROM at all. Just sayin... It's a possibility.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried attaching it to an email and emailing it to yourself? That's the fool-proof method. I experienced some trouble installing apps after I initially Flashed the Th3ory ROM. It's a great ROM, but for me, it's just a little too early to be doing that. So, I went back to stock and rooted. This way I'm ready when Th3ory releases something super solid. Of course, it might not have anything to do with his ROM at all. Just sayin... It's a possibility.

In Menu/Settings/Storage/ there is a check box for "Disable Software Install". Is it checked?

bdawson21

Reaction score
Also if you are trying to update something that is already on your phone, if you uninstall the version on your phone then try installing the newer version. That solves some issues for me.