Apex

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thinking about switching to Apex. I am on the .595 leak, so I guess I will have to upgrade to the .596 version. Has the tethering detection in .596 been confirmed? I don't really tether, only to print something off the internet when I need to...

Since I have baseband .12, do I have to upgrade to .596 in order to install Apex?

Since its an AOSP ROM, does Netflix and the other apps work ok?

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm downloading the rooted .596 file now. Looks like I don't have to sbf at all. Can I flash this over ZombieStomped 1.7 or do I need to use my backup to go to stock .595?

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it figured out. I restored my backup to .595, then installed .596, wiped data in between and then installed the Apex ROM

DX Apex 2.0

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the fastest, most stable ROM I have ever used. I have had no issues whatsoever. After 8 hours of medium/heavy use, I still have 60% battery left and I haven't undervolted or anything.

I will undervolt and see how much better it is tomorrow...

sent from my ApeX

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Went on a ghost tour and thought the camera sucked badly. I downloaded Vignette and it seems way better.

Here is a screenshot of my battery. I took atleast 30 pictures on the tour...

ScreenShot-6.png

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I've been saying. This is the fastest rom out there. Very well done. Run the transition animation on fast (window on normal to preserve the crt). Quickclock to calibrate and imoseyon to tweak. It will freakin scream!

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

BOA

Reaction score
LOL, I just switched to this ROM after testing CM7 and BOY this ROM is fantastic. I went back to Darkslide which I love but after using Apex I had to come back to it. The battery life is one of the best. Yesterday after 6 hours of heavy use I still had 70% of battery life. It's also very smooth and fast.

The only thing I wish it had was a configuration tool and more wallpapers! LOL. I would like some easy way to install some of the blur apps. I tried the method he posted but the apps weren't working for me. They would start and then close.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also wish it had a customizer....

I installed the Blur camera back since the other one sucked really bad. Now I need to figure out how to change the camera button to default to the Blur camera. Any ideas how?

I tried going to settings and clear defaults but I can't. I am also reluctant to remove the Apex camera until I can get it fixed...

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just freeze the aosp camera in titanium. All the blur stuff from the extracted liberty customizer folder will work with apex. That's how I got the blur camera. Just freeze the aosp and the blur will work with the camera button.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome... I might have to get the Liberty customizer since I would like the Blur music app back.

Or if anyone knows how to assign a non system application to the home button double tap feature, I could use Cloudskipper.

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup were you ever on liberty? I just left the customizer on my sd. Extract the zip and it has everything in there

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah, I never got on Liberty. I have only been on the leaks, Apex and ZombieStomped.

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you better get on liberty and try it! It's a great rom dude. Nice themes and functionality. Give it a go I say

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I might try it. I'm not one to swap around that often though, especially if I am onto something that is working great.

sent from my ApeX