1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apex and Liberty GB. Comparisons

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by bodean, May 10, 2011.

1. bodean

bodean New Member

Anyone run these Roms and offer a comparison? I am looking for stability and battery life, don't care about themes
  2. djstnick

djstnick New Member

Running Apex 2 Beta, no random reboots, all functionality works, and the deal-breaker for me is Facebook app integration with contacts.

Liberty 0.4 (haven't tried .5 yet) did not offer that level of functionality, and most other benefits of liberty can be found in the oc app, and liberty toolbox, so I have been sticking with Apex. As far as I could tell in my limited usage Liberty is also stable, and I do like the new replacement boot logo which has followed me to Apex and I have no problem keeping.

I also have been paying attention to the politics of charging people for betas and that has put a bad taste in my mouth for jrummy overall.
  3. bodean

bodean New Member

So with Apex, you can not sync FB contacts onto your phone?
  4. djstnick

djstnick New Member

You can, by deal-breaker I meant that fb app w/ contact sync was the thing that keeps me on Apex
  5. supermandroid

supermandroid Member

So it's the clincher!! :) I'd like to try Apex. Can I flash it over Liberty with a clean wipe?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. mcp770

mcp770 New Member

Yeah, I updated to apex from liberty v.4 making sure to wipe data, cache, dalvik cache without issue following fabs instructions for that version. Think it was install kernel then part 1 in one clockwork session then reboot and download apps login etc. Reboot into cw and install part 2. No issues at all since. Apex runs awesome.
  7. bodean

bodean New Member

Thanks for the input!
  8. djstnick

djstnick New Member

I was coming from Apex2 alpha 2 and although I followed Fab's instructions, I was never able to get 3g data working. I could make calls/text but no data. My fix for this was to clear data/cache/davlik and install the TBH .591 rooted leak over what I already did, and from there I installed part 1 and 2 of the beta, and now everything's running peachy!

Oh, and titanium backup is highly recommended! I used it for the first time in this scenario, and I can't believe I never tried it before, the free version works perfectly.
  9. Gavin

Gavin New Member

You can sync your FB contacts. You just need to go into CW and flash the file that I attached and then go into your accounts and sign in with your username and password and all is golden :)
  10. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe New Member

So wait. Can this be used with Liberty? 'Cause I'm running Liberty v.05 right now, and the main thing I was missing was Facebook contact sync. I was going to switch to Apex mainly for that (and for fun) until the OTA hit. But if I can use this with Liberty, I'll just stay here until the OTA hits and then pick the best ROM using the official release.
  11. Gavin

Gavin New Member

You can use it for Liberty too.
  12. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe New Member

Will keep that in mind for the future. As for now... I flashed to Apex out of curiosity (or boredom... or both?) and I do not regret the decision. Fantastic work, this is.
  13. DThomp

DThomp New Member

Battery seems to be better on my phone with Apex. Running 1.236GHz with interactive governor and just now dropped to 20% after almost 30 hours with the Motorola extended battery. While calibrating on battery saving with quick clock and conservative governor it went over 34 hours of normal usage for me. But my phone likes the slight overclock a little better so that's what I'm using.
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  14. Gavin

Gavin New Member

Yep, I think APEX Beta is way better than Liberty right now.
  15. k1ng617

k1ng617 New Member

Does the HDMI out work with APex? That is by far the thing I miss most since I've gone to Liberty.
  16. DMFA

DMFA New Member

I know it used to on Froyo. I'm about to check that thread in the fab sub-forum and download it myself. Streaming Netflix + HDMI out = freaking sick

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  17. bodean

bodean New Member

Great replies. Thanks