Apex and Liberty GB. Comparisons

bodean

Reaction score
Anyone run these Roms and offer a comparison? I am looking for stability and battery life, don't care about themes

djstnick

Reaction score
Anyone run these Roms and offer a comparison? I am looking for stability and battery life, don't care about themes

Running Apex 2 Beta, no random reboots, all functionality works, and the deal-breaker for me is Facebook app integration with contacts.

Liberty 0.4 (haven't tried .5 yet) did not offer that level of functionality, and most other benefits of liberty can be found in the oc app, and liberty toolbox, so I have been sticking with Apex. As far as I could tell in my limited usage Liberty is also stable, and I do like the new replacement boot logo which has followed me to Apex and I have no problem keeping.

I also have been paying attention to the politics of charging people for betas and that has put a bad taste in my mouth for jrummy overall.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
So with Apex, you can not sync FB contacts onto your phone?

You can, by deal-breaker I meant that fb app w/ contact sync was the thing that keeps me on Apex

So it's the clincher!! :) I'd like to try Apex. Can I flash it over Liberty with a clean wipe?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mcp770

Reaction score
Yeah, I updated to apex from liberty v.4 making sure to wipe data, cache, dalvik cache without issue following fabs instructions for that version. Think it was install kernel then part 1 in one clockwork session then reboot and download apps login etc. Reboot into cw and install part 2. No issues at all since. Apex runs awesome.

djstnick

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

I was coming from Apex2 alpha 2 and although I followed Fab's instructions, I was never able to get 3g data working. I could make calls/text but no data. My fix for this was to clear data/cache/davlik and install the TBH .591 rooted leak over what I already did, and from there I installed part 1 and 2 of the beta, and now everything's running peachy!

Oh, and titanium backup is highly recommended! I used it for the first time in this scenario, and I can't believe I never tried it before, the free version works perfectly.

Gavin

Reaction score

You can sync your FB contacts. You just need to go into CW and flash the file that I attached and then go into your accounts and sign in with your username and password and all is golden :)

Kaleb Randleaxe

Reaction score

You can sync your FB contacts. You just need to go into CW and flash the file that I attached and then go into your accounts and sign in with your username and password and all is golden :)
So wait. Can this be used with Liberty? 'Cause I'm running Liberty v.05 right now, and the main thing I was missing was Facebook contact sync. I was going to switch to Apex mainly for that (and for fun) until the OTA hit. But if I can use this with Liberty, I'll just stay here until the OTA hits and then pick the best ROM using the official release.

Gavin

Reaction score

So wait. Can this be used with Liberty? 'Cause I'm running Liberty v.05 right now, and the main thing I was missing was Facebook contact sync. I was going to switch to Apex mainly for that (and for fun) until the OTA hit. But if I can use this with Liberty, I'll just stay here until the OTA hits and then pick the best ROM using the official release.

You can use it for Liberty too.

Kaleb Randleaxe

Reaction score

Will keep that in mind for the future. As for now... I flashed to Apex out of curiosity (or boredom... or both?) and I do not regret the decision. Fantastic work, this is.

DThomp

Reaction score
Battery seems to be better on my phone with Apex. Running 1.236GHz with interactive governor and just now dropped to 20% after almost 30 hours with the Motorola extended battery. While calibrating on battery saving with quick clock and conservative governor it went over 34 hours of normal usage for me. But my phone likes the slight overclock a little better so that's what I'm using.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Gavin

Reaction score

Will keep that in mind for the future. As for now... I flashed to Apex out of curiosity (or boredom... or both?) and I do not regret the decision. Fantastic work, this is.

Yep, I think APEX Beta is way better than Liberty right now.

k1ng617

Reaction score
Does the HDMI out work with APex? That is by far the thing I miss most since I've gone to Liberty.