Apex and Liberty comparisons

bodean

Reaction score
Has anyone run comparisons between both GB rooms? Curious how they compare/contrast

sigua

Reaction score
Has anyone run comparisons between both GB rooms? Curious how they compare/contrast

I don't really think they compare very well. Apex (at least RC2) is very bare bones that you can add things to, while Liberty has a lot more options built in. They're both very customizable, but I think Apex is better if you want the "cleanest" phone possible. It takes more work to do things in Apex, but you end up with nothing you don't want.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sweettreat

Reaction score

I don't really think they compare very well. Apex (at least RC2) is very bare bones that you can add things to, while Liberty has a lot more options built in. They're both very customizable, but I think Apex is better if you want the "cleanest" phone possible. It takes more work to do things in Apex, but you end up with nothing you don't want.

I want to get away from Liberty, I've been with it from the start. Are you experiencing any problems with Apex? I have to get away from all the bugginess I'm experiencing on Liberty gb. My main concerns revolve around radio stability and 3g. my job depends on me being on call and answering company calls immediately. I've had a few calls that I missed and didn't realize because my radio was "frozen" requiring a reboot. I can't have this.

DX on LGBv.8

Last edited:

Desicrator

Reaction score
No no issues with RC2 barebones and very responsive.

RIGHTEOUS KINGS

Reaction score
I have had no issues with LGB at all, these issues everyone is complaining about is due to improper installs from what I can tell. Best thing to do is start all over and do a fresh install of LGB and it will fix your issues. Apex is so bare compared to Liberty so why make the change?

Sweettreat

Reaction score
I have had no issues with LGB at all, these issues everyone is complaining about is due to improper installs from what I can tell. Best thing to do is start all over and do a fresh install of LGB and it will fix your issues. Apex is so bare compared to Liberty so why make the change?

Because it works, and quite well. It is faster than LGB from what I can tell and there are very few bugs.
Good for you that you had no issues, I guess everyone else can't follow directions.

DX on Apex

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ldopa has run both roms and he can give good advice about em.

I have only run all the GB Moto roms, Apex and ZombieStomped. I have to say, I have had no issues with Apex at all. It is so fast and smooth. I overclocked to 1.3 ghz and did a quandrant test, and got a 3250. I have even been able to leave the animations turned on and not have any lag whatsoever. My conclusion is Blur sucks badly. I also use my phone for work and I can't afford to have it not work.

If you want a good, fast, stable rom with no issues, get Apex.

sent from my ApeX

timelord

Reaction score
Liberty is more customizable than Apex. Liberty also supports HDMI out, Apex doesn't.