ApeX 1.4.1 no facebook contact sync

suckamucka

Reaction score
Using facebook 1.5.1 on ApeX 1.4.1 and facebook does not show the option to sync contacts. Anyone else have this off behavior?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Smashie

Reaction score
Yes, it's because Apex uses blur. That is why I went to liberty rom, and all my fb pictures sync beautifully!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
S

suckamucka

Reaction score
I was using liberty 1.5 but I like the blur corporate email.
Do we know what part of blur is causing the facebook option not to appear in settings?

Smashie

Reaction score
Blur and facebook do not get along since froyo update back in sept. Any rom that uses blur well not sync facebook contact pictures.

Smashie

Reaction score
I was using liberty 1.5 but I like the blur corporate email.
Do we know what part of blur is causing the facebook option not to appear in settings?

No, I have no clue why and spent way too much time on the motorola forum with never an answer. They wouldn't even confirm that it was a blur issue!

dvader

Reaction score
in liberty installing the facebook app gives you the sync options.
in apex or other blur based roms, you have to go into my accounts and add the little facebook icon account and that will sync your pictures.
mine works and syncs fine on apex 1.4.1

Smashie

Reaction score
in apex or other blur based roms, you have to go into my accounts and add the little facebook icon account and that will sync your pictures.

It may sync just fine after you add your account, but they will never update.

dvader

Reaction score
that sux facebook app must detect blur and remove that option. we need someone to fix that

Smashie

Reaction score
that sux facebook app must detect blur and remove that option. we need someone to fix that

It totally sucks, and to be honest...it was the whole reason I ended up rooting my phone. I hated not seeing sync'd fb for months at a time. It was driving me crazy! I initially started out with Apex, and I honestly loved it, but once I realized the contact pictures were not updating, I looked elsewhere. So I that's when I went to Liberty and realized any ROM with Blur, the fb sync option is removed in the app.

OP
S

suckamucka

Reaction score

Problem with this, is it sync's all facebook contacts. I don't want that. Just the pictures of the contacts I have in Google contacts.

jacko1

Reaction score

Problem with this, is it sync's all facebook contacts. I don't want that. Just the pictures of the contacts I have in Google contacts.

Go to the market download sync my pix
Follow instructions and it will sync only contacts with facebook

Smashie

Reaction score

Don't bother with Sync my pix, it doesn't work for SH!T. 90% of the contacts will not sync, and then you have to do it manually.

rjs987

Reaction score

Don't bother with Sync my pix, it doesn't work for SH!T. 90% of the contacts will not sync, and then you have to do it manually.

Syncmypix worked great for me.

Androider4Life

Reaction score
Sync my pix worked for me.. you just need to remember to run it and delete the pictures before moving to a new rom. Or u will have to log into google on ur pc and delete the contact pics one by one.