1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s) (Recipe Failure)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Zz25, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Zz25

Zz25 New Member

So I pulled a stupid and tried to flash ICS to a razr with JB. I then tried to install the full version of gingerbread and AP fastboot gave the above problem in a boot loop. I even tried the JB unbricker etc but to no avail. Any Ideas?
  2. atreyu175

atreyu175 New Member

Speaking from my current situation, I had actually attempted to flash the stock GB rom and ICS rom onto my phone with the JB kernel in an attempt to fix an issue I was having with the stock audio having been corrupted somehow to the point that my headphones would only play out of one ear normally and the other was faint. On custom roms, both ears would play normally and no matter how many times I tried flashing the JB rom, the issue could not be resolved... Having said that, the flashing of the GB and ICS roms fixed the audio issue, but inadvertently caused this error. I am not sure which piece of the system is mismatched now, and regret that I didn't attempt flashing system.img only, then moving on to others, as I can easily reflash JB over that. Hopefully someone knows of a fix for this? I am aware of the workaround for booting normally, etc, but would obviously like to eliminate this issue altogether.
  3. andrewrvincent

andrewrvincent New Member

Any luck? I am stuck in AP Fastboot with "recipe failure"
  4. atreyu175

atreyu175 New Member

See this post #9 here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/241066-how-do-you-unroot-jb.html#post2423396

I posted this to help people unroot their phone, as there is some tracking feature on this phone that remembers that it was once rooted, even if you are now unrooted, but while doing these steps with a different cable than I had used before (unsure if this is why it worked or not), my recipe failure was corrected. What I did differently than this post explains was that I flashed ICS rom first (VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2_1FF_01.xml.zip), then verified that the recipe failure was corrected... I then also tried doing the JB OTA update installation using recovery, which failed, but maybe it fixed something? Then I flashed the same ICS file and once done, wiped everything using recovery. Then I flashed the JB xml.zip file and everything was back to normal... I'm really not sure which particular part fixed it, but what I do know is that between each flash, go to recovery and wipe all data, etc. Anything that says wipe it, wipe, as the (recipe failure) is due to some mismatch. Don't give up hope, though, as my phone is back to normal now. :)
  5. Zz25

Zz25 New Member

Nope, none what so ever. I found a foreign sbf, the signature read cdma so I flashed that just because the thing is so bricked (didn't get me far). I (maybe we) just need to wait for an sbf... If we see it in the next ten years damnit moto.
  6. andrewrvincent

7. andrewrvincent

Is it possible to go to VZ with my tail between my legs and ask them to reprogram it?
  8. atreyu175

atreyu175 New Member

I really wish I knew exactly what I did to get it working again. Like which facet of what I did actually worked...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. Zz25

Zz25 New Member

Well, first off atreyu isn't completely off target. Using the moto utility you can push Jellybean back (if that's where it bricked) and possibly boot. If your like me this will look as if it worked, begin to install then fail. If this fails, it is possible to get it to vzw. It will be difficult since it has been so long since the JB OTA. I would try this... Go to a few stores to see how Savy the staff is and pick a favorite! Wait a bit (a week), but in the meanwhile do this. Yank your sim (why not!), let's just say it can add to your stupid person persona as you with call it the GPS chip (cough perhaps that's what caused it). Finally, the most important part. Open the moto utility and push the jellybean firmware to it. You should be able to boot into the install screen. Set it up so that when you get there it boots to that. What a suprise, it wouldn't boot before! Maybe it's because I removed the GPS chip! Or save that for later I mean however you want to play it. That's my best advice.
  10. atreyu175

atreyu175 New Member

You know what... Now that you say that, I did do the flashing without any SD or SIM card in... Maybe that blocks something from updating completely??? I had no SIM in when I attempted to flash, etc, reboot and was actually shocked that it booted without the recipe failure.
Search tags for this page
ap fasrboot flash mode (s)(failure)

ap fastboot flash mode

ap fastboot flash mode (s) (flash failure)

ap fastboot flash mode (s) (recipe failure)

ap fastboot flash mode how to fix
ap fastboot flash mode s flash failure droid bionic
cdma spyder 9.8.2o-72 vzw-16

cdma spyder 9.8.2o-72 vzw-16 1ff.xml

cdma spyder 9.8.2o-72 vzw-16 1ff.xml.zip

droid bionic ap fastboot flash mode s boot failure
free download cdma spyder 9.8.20
how to fix ap recipe failure
motorola ap fastboot recipe failure
motorola droid razr recipe failure

recipe failure