[ROM] [AOSP] Unofficial CM10/JB ROM Development [09/24 DATAFIX]

markwebb

Reaction score
marleyinoc said:
Dave, re: screen rotation

The 9/27 build is quite a bit smaller than 9/24. Wondering if I can dirty flash this. Forget if they were wiping during install. Guess I'll nandroid and find out. Will do so when I get off work :)

-I haz Bionic

Where is the 9/27 build?

analyst1st

Reaction score
if somebody knows please... how long does it take for the jb rom to load... I know that it says unusually long but how long is that... I was hoping to have a phone again tonight w/o pulling the battery and going back to ics... Yesterday it was at the cyanogenmod screen for bout 8-12 hrs before I had to pull the battery and just go back to stock and that was because i was told that I had wrong version of safestrap (2.0) so i got (2.11) and this has be at the cyanogenmod screen for bout an 1-2 and hasn't booted the system :(

marleyinoc

Reaction score
The delay (if there is still a delay) is in minutes, not hours. I don't think I've had to wait more than 5 minutes on any ROM and don't remember anything longer than that in recent flashes (CM9, CM10, AOKP builds). It seems way back when CM9 did take upwards of 10 minutes or so, but when it failed, you could see a hitch on repeat).

I'm not an expert, tho.

-I haz Bionic

analyst1st

Reaction score
if somebody knows please... how long does it take for the jb rom to load... I know that it says unusually long but how long is that... I was hoping to have a phone again tonight w/o pulling the battery and going back to ics... Yesterday it was at the cyanogenmod screen for bout 8-12 hrs before I had to pull the battery and just go back to stock and that was because i was told that I had wrong version of safestrap (2.0) so i got (2.11) and this has be at the cyanogenmod screen for bout an 1-2 and hasn't booted the system :(
Nobody can help out with this please? Seems like people are getting it way quicker than i did. don't know what im doing wrong

analyst1st

Reaction score
sorry thanks posted that last message before i saw that somebody replied... Im not sure what I did wrong.. I downloaded this I believe as to the instructions and it still hangs at the boot Cyanogenmod Screen for very long periods of time

analyst1st

Reaction score
Yes!!! Finally got it to work now just gotta try and get my apps back!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave, re: screen rotation

At some point in the past @hashcode0f said that it was due to the way an interface was written for moto's display, forget exact terms, but it was addressed in cm9 so I guess a similar fix will need to be found/written for JB.
Makes sense. Good thing is, it's so minor I don't consider it an issue. A couple of my friends actually thought it was a "feature", one of my buddys just was over a little while ago and he said "wow, cool transition effect" *LOL*

broosewee

Reaction score
At this point, the only major issue for me is the lack of audio output when car docked. The phone is my primary source of media in the car, including navigation. Bummer that it isn't working yet.

Very good otherwise.

kc69

Reaction score
The only issue I have is with All of the aosp ROMs and that's the multiple contacts. It does it on All ROMs except blur based and its kind of a pita. I don't mind the screen transition it IS kinda cool. But to each his own Cuz I never hear anyone mention the multiple contacts.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
kc69 said:
The only issue I have is with All of the aosp ROMs and that's the multiple contacts. It does it on All ROMs except blur based and its kind of a pita. I don't mind the screen transition it IS kinda cool. But to each his own Cuz I never hear anyone mention the multiple contacts.

Never had this problems and I've been flashing ROMs since release :-/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

broosewee

Reaction score
I just want to reiterate that with bluetooth ON, phone audio doesn't work. This was mentioned in the OP, but I forgot about it when I tried to make a 911 call this morning (car accident) and it didn't work. Took me a few minutes to remember about the bluetooth setting. Turn it OFF and all is well.

Stories

Reaction score
ROM is great. Camera 360 works fine as a replacement for the stock camera. Battery life is okay, probably not as good as the stock ICS leaks, but still manageable

ellipsis

Reaction score
I may have missed it, but is there any word on the "location services" issue? I can go without Google Now since I've never used it before, but I use Waze for commuting and it seems to be affected by the issue. Google Maps works fine and other apps seem to pick up GPS with no problem.

geekabilly

Reaction score
I may have missed it, but is there any word on the "location services" issue? I can go without Google Now since I've never used it before, but I use Waze for commuting and it seems to be affected by the issue. Google Maps works fine and other apps seem to pick up GPS with no problem.

After I flash a new ROM I sometimes need to use GPS Status app a few times before other apps that use GPS can pick it up automatically -- even though Maps picks up GPS location right away --