AOSP on Droid2

GoPackGo

Reaction score
It's stock ASOP, similar to the ROMs that the CM6 team has been building for the android devices they support.

Im new to android and my Droid 2 is my first real smartphone (the other one was moto q9, which is the worst phone ever) so I don't know what CM6 or AOSP (I get the basics of it but not the benefits of it) are.

AOSP is Android Open Source Project. and CM6 is cyanogenmod ver. 6 cyanogen (and other rom makers) takes the google source and makes roms from it basically change things that users ask for and give more functionality to the phones. so basically a rom built from source is a straight up google android rom with no added stuff by motorola, HTC and samsung etc.

Thanks for the reply. I got it now.
This is going to be awesome, I can't wait!

BTW, not to be a pest but how long do these usually take to create?

microsnook

Reaction score
Hey guys, after a couple weeks of work, and alot of questions directed and Cvpcs and Koush, I have managed to get an aosp build of android running on the Droid2. Its definately an alpha right now, but it does boot, and you can browse through the phone. I will hopefully have a video up today.
Things that dont work atm:
Phone calls.
Wake from sleep.
Battery status.
Some audio stuff.

Wifi, bluetooth are working along with all the soft and hard keys.

More to Come!!

Yay!
I cant wait for custom roms and what not!
Some legit roms and themes for the D2 would be nice : )

Druuseph

Reaction score
Is this using the stock kernel or did you do as the Milestone team did and use a kexec to get it to boot it's own kernel after the fact? If that is the case do you have an idea how you will fix the radio antennae problem?