AOSP on Droid2

bcs296

Reaction score
This is really, really awesome. Huge thanks for putting the time and work in.

connor3485

Reaction score
i first tried to make my own d2 aosp build without any prior rom building knowledge. was tough work and didn't work as there is much work to be done on the device setup. i appreciate your dedication to this as so many of us are patiently waiting for this. hope this is going well. any news you care to share so far about this, Slayher? I've been keeping up with your (and other developers) twitter account for updates.

again, thanks a lot buddy!

-connor3485

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am still very much so working on this. Just want to keep you informed. My father broke a tooth and has to have surgery while he is here visiting.
But the project is very much alive

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
Here you go

[video=youtube;h5j2hCck458]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5j2hCck458]YouTube - Aosp on droid2 btmy slayher[/video]

Its broke as hell right now, but its booting

Hardest part is its my only phone (no land line) so sbf and me are good friends lol

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Impressive...very impressive. Slayher - you are heading towards rock star status. :)

connor3485

Reaction score
slayher--let me know if you're in need of any testing. id love to help with this!

bcs296

Reaction score
It may not be 100% yet, but as far as I can tell, nobody else has even come close. Very impressive and very exciting. :rockon:

hyatari

Reaction score
I just want you to know you're doing an excellent job. We're all counting on you.

GoPackGo

Reaction score
So, this is going to be like the G2s software?

It's stock ASOP, similar to the ROMs that the CM6 team has been building for the android devices they support.

Im new to android and my Droid 2 is my first real smartphone (the other one was moto q9, which is the worst phone ever) so I don't know what CM6 or AOSP (I get the basics of it but not the benefits of it) are.

hyatari

Reaction score
So, this is going to be like the G2s software?

It's stock ASOP, similar to the ROMs that the CM6 team has been building for the android devices they support.

Im new to android and my Droid 2 is my first real smartphone (the other one was moto q9, which is the worst phone ever) so I don't know what CM6 or AOSP (I get the basics of it but not the benefits of it) are.

AOSP is Android Open Source Project. and CM6 is cyanogenmod ver. 6 cyanogen (and other rom makers) takes the google source and makes roms from it basically change things that users ask for and give more functionality to the phones. so basically a rom built from source is a straight up google android rom with no added stuff by motorola, HTC and samsung etc.