AOSP Email

jpe30

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone know if it is possible to use blur messaging client, with AOSP email? Do both clients have to be the same make?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone know if it is possible to use blur messaging client, with AOSP email? Do both clients have to be the same make?

Haven't tried it, but according to the toolbox, they are closely tied together. You could always try it by grabbing the apk's and using the toolbox option 2 to remove and install the specific apps you want to try together.

OP
J

jpe30

Reaction score
Any idea where I might find the apk's?

OP
J

jpe30

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I uninstalled BlurEmail.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk, then installed the AOSP email.apk. The account setup seemed to work OK, but completion you are brought to a black screen and the options menu is kinda screwed up. It lists Refresh and Compose, but the icons are wrong and there is a third button with no text and a round icon with a phone and a square in it.

Could ADW launcher be screwing with the AOSP email client???

OP
J

jpe30

Reaction score
Hrmmm, turns out no amount of installing and uninstalling Blur and AOSP apps could get the AOSP email app to work correctly after I installed it manually.

I'm reinstalling ApeX now.

OP
J

jpe30

Reaction score
I prefer to use the blur messaging client as it syncs my facebook profile pictures, and looks a little nicer. But, the Blur email client will not allow me to connect to my work Exchange email account, where the AOSP email client can.

Sadly, it doesn't seem as if you can mix and match the messaging programs.

asaunders

Reaction score
I'm using the Blur Messaging but I cant seem to fine my icons for messaging or text. It's as if they've disappeared

cyberoptics

Reaction score
[bug]apex email

I installed apex fresh after a factory wipe. I setup my email accounts, but could never find icions for AOL, Corporate Email Sync, only gmail and text. So i tried to install the blurr, and now have no icons for messaging.

However, I still get alerts and my messaging widget still works... When I click the alert though, it disapears and I am not taken to my email.

So, i tried going back to ASOP messaging, and still have no icons... :(

help...

asaunders

Reaction score
I installed apex fresh after a factory wipe. I setup my email accounts, but could never find icions for AOL, Corporate Email Sync, only gmail and text. So i tried to install the blurr, and now have no icons for messaging.

However, I still get alerts and my messaging widget still works... When I click the alert though, it disapears and I am not taken to my email.

help...

I've got the same issues...

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

help...

I've got the same issues...

Not sure exactly what you saw in the toolbox when you went to install blur messaging, but Fab's servers have been down rendering his toolbox almost useless for downloading new packages and things.

Maybe due to that, his scripts may have removed the aosp email apps, but didn't get to install the blur ones due to server problems.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Here's a zip containing the blur suite apk's

Just unzip to the root of your sd card, then open terminal emulator or adb on pc while plugged in and run:

#su
#apextoolbox

Select option 2
enter i (for install)

enter BlurEmail.apk then hit enter and wait
enter i again

repeat for Messaging.apk and Conversations.apk

That should get you all fixed up.

cyberoptics

Reaction score
im doing a search, do you know the path?

I tried to run the universal inbox apk, but it says Activity Not Found - com.motorola.blur.messaging.universal

EDIT:
Tnx, I'll try it!!