Aosp Camera update.zip install?

deathshead

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im currently on apex rom running blur camera but would like to install the aosp camera. I have the aosp camera .apk but I cant get it to install,

Im currently adding it to system/app folder and setting permissions, I get a second icon, but it still launcher the blur camera, Anyone have an update.zip or alternative way to install?.

Thanks!

echonaut

Reaction score
You'll probably need to edit the manifest file. What about using the package installer to install it? I've gotta ask, though: coming from a Droid1, the biggest pet peeve of that phone was the ****ty, ****ty AOSP camera with the ****ty, ****ty AOSP camera skin. What's wrong with the Blur Camera that makes you want to go back to that one?

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Hey echonaut, the only real reason why I wanted to go back to the aosp cam is because I hate the 3d gallery and the blur gallery even more!< lol and the blur camera will not let my use quickpic as the default viewer in the camera...

I tried swaping the files and keeping the same same in data/app - system/app looking through all the .xml files after i extracted the blurcamera.apk out

I even emailed the dev of quickpic, (the best photogallery app i have found so far)
and sent him logcat logs and he says that the gallery is hardcoded into the blurcamera app, but idk, becuase it will use either the 3d gallery or blur gallery....

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Boot into recovery >Mounts and Storage>>mount/system (back)
Install Zip From SD>Choose Zip> yes to install (back) reboot system now

I know how to install via recovery, I just cant find the aosp camera in flashable update.zip format. I can only find just the .apk by itself and wont install, I think i may need other files to allow it to run.

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
I'm so sorry, just waking up and didn't read it right. I had a link on my laptop but it died last week. I will see if I can find it... if not maybe someone else will jump in.

lol its all good. I got it running finally, I had to .bak the original blur camera.apk and the 3rd aosp camera.apk i found finally worked, quickpic gallery is also working with the aosp camera too.

I just wonder why moto had to make the blur camera such a pita just to use a non crappy gallery with it..

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow, that quickpic gallery is awesome! I love these forums!

Last edited:
OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Ya, I just found quickpic last night after searching and searching for a better gallery app. Its the best out there so far.

AthruZ79

Reaction score
You'll probably need to edit the manifest file. What about using the package installer to install it? I've gotta ask, though: coming from a Droid1, the biggest pet peeve of that phone was the ****ty, ****ty AOSP camera with the ****ty, ****ty AOSP camera skin. What's wrong with the Blur Camera that makes you want to go back to that one?

Blur camera doesn't take as good pictures as the AOSP camera... I'm running Apex 1.4.1 on my DX and I want the AOSP camera to work... I installed the link, but it's unable to install... I tried putting the .apk in systems/app and it wouldn't let me paste it over due to it being a read only file and Root Explorer won't let me change the mount to R/W...

Is there another way to do it or a better camera link that I can download from?

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Here is a link to working aosp camera.apk in the rar file I have also included the XDA dev Media profiles.xml file that turns up the image quality a bit and gives you 29 fps video capture, This xml makes video soo much more smoother..

Here is the simplest and easiest way to install this.

Get root explorer, if you dont have root explorer by now then your doing it wrong.. hahah

drop the files on your sd somewhere, ,

Go into system/app find camera.apk, Note the permissions, then rename it camera.bak.

Find the new aosp camera apk, and copy it into that folder.
for the media_profiles.xml just go to search to find the folders and .bak the originals or overwrite,

Reboot and your good to go. you now have a bit nicer quality photos, faster better quality video and no more "fake" cropped widescreen pics.

Aosp cam is also alot faster when changing settings for lighting, flash etc, Sure there are some features that the aosp does NOT have over the blur camera, but I never used those to miss them I just want a good quality fast camera as the Droid x Camera is meh in the first place.

Enjoy!, Credit goes out to the guys on XDA who made the modded xml.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! <--------- DOWNLOAD LINK

AthruZ79

Reaction score
Thanks! However the link you gave me is a .rar file and it will not download on my phone.. Nor can I open it in gmail when I emailed it to myself... Hmm... I'll keep trying or try and find the link from last night where I downloaded the other one...

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Thanks! However the link you gave me is a .rar file and it will not download on my phone.. Nor can I open it in gmail when I emailed it to myself... Hmm... I'll keep trying or try and find the link from last night where I downloaded the other one...

You can try getting the rar app or download it to your pc, or try the new link, I just reupped a zip.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Some of the file sharing sites act wierd on the android browsers, ymmv, Are you using dolphin mini? I have had the best luck with it downloading stuff..

Thanks,
Jason

AthruZ79

Reaction score
I did have the dolphin browser, but uninstalled it... i will install it back and see if it makes a difference... what's the best rar app from the market? this is the first time I've had to work with a rar file to convert it to zip...