Aol mail problems

tpearson25

Reaction score
I have been using AOL mail on my bionic since day 1. The last couple of days I have been getting an error that says connection error. It happens all day long. When it does connect it shows the same messages I read earlier as not read. My Bionic is stock and have not downloaded any third party apps. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
Thanks

dags5000

Reaction score
Aol is ancient. Strongly advise to step into the 21st :) gmail is 100000x better and integration with the bionic being an android phone makes it a no brainer

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dame425

Reaction score
I use both. And yes I was experiencing that same exact problem. As of yesterday it seems to be back to normal

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
This is not about how out dated AOL is. The fact is it has been working fine for about a year. I am still having the issue of connection error. Thanks for your help.

Natey2

Reaction score
A long time ago, I had similar problems with AOL mail and the stock email app. I switched to the K-9 email app, and the problems with AOL email went away.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same thing. Happened this morning too. Although I haven't researched it I don't think it's a Bionic problem. I suspect it's a config issue on AOL's side, or maybe a side effect from some app's update.

Grettski

Reaction score
I have been using AOL mail on my bionic since day 1. The last couple of days I have been getting an error that says connection error. It happens all day long. When it does connect it shows the same messages I read earlier as not read. My Bionic is stock and have not downloaded any third party apps. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
Thanks

Yup.....I had this problem a week ago. I stopped AOL from pushing email to my phone and set it to refresh every 15 minutes. Then I rebooted and haven't had the problem since. I hope this helps!

Cheers!

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
Thanks I will try to stop AOL from pushing emails and see if that works. If not may have try another email APP.

brendap

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same thing. Happened this morning too. Although I haven't researched it I don't think it's a Bionic problem. I suspect it's a config issue on AOL's side, or maybe a side effect from some app's update.

I have been having this problem for about 2 weeks now on and off. It happened immediately after downloading an update to "My Verizon" app. I went to Verizon and they had no clue how to fix it. Gmail comes through fine. I hope there is a simple solution. AOL, although antiquated it is my main email, I would hate to switch everything over.

Droid X

Dame425

Reaction score
Having the same problem again, all day long. I'm going to try that stop pushing tip also.

dags5000

Reaction score
The best solution is to stop using aol. Advice applies mostly to anyone in tech/software business - dont have an aol address on your resume or send emails from aol when looking for jobs. Unless maybe you are applying to aol :) its perceived as out of date in the tech world. For personal use obviously this advice does not apply

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
You havin AOL problems, I feel bad for ya son; I got 99 problems, but dial up ain't one.