aol link not working

llanwer

Reaction score
New to droid world.
After buyer research, went to buy one at Verizon Corp store. Staff couldn't get aol email to work on phone - messages would briefly appear as advertised then flash/blink/disappear with a notice that the e-mail function was not working - try again later (or some such).

Store techies got on it; they went to Verizon help desk; no progress.
Left store w/o new phone. I don't want to change e-mail service. Anyone else having aol mail issues?

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Seriously, change email.

If you give someone an AOL email address, they are going to laugh at you behind your back.

jodyberry

Reaction score
New to droid world.
After buyer research, went to buy one at Verizon Corp store. Staff couldn't get aol email to work on phone - messages would briefly appear as advertised then flash/blink/disappear with a notice that the e-mail function was not working - try again later (or some such).

Store techies got on it; they went to Verizon help desk; no progress.
Left store w/o new phone. I don't want to change e-mail service. Anyone else having aol mail issues?

No, my AOL is working fine. (Had the phone almost 2 months).

It downloaded all my mail AND my subfolders I made online. Although it is kinda buggy - sometimes it'll re-download emails that I have just deleted on my phone. And it doesn't sync both ways as good as gMail.

OP
L

llanwer

Reaction score
I’ll definitely change e-mails – just as soon as I can live down all the laughter…
Seriously.

Now - any better ideas out there?

OP
L

llanwer

Reaction score
Thanks Jody for the bright spot. Not sure why mine didn't work - I'm starting with clearing out history (aka carrying over too many "new mail" items) and will also try a new store/tech team.