Aol issues with Droid Razr Maxx

flipper97

Reaction score
I have had my phone about 2 weeks. Worked fine for a week and then kept getting aol connection error. It wouldn't load new emails and wouldn't delete old ones.Then I wound up getting multiple copies of the same email. I contacted tech support via twitter. They gave me a bunch of things to try, nothing worked(and some things made it worse) so finally they had me do a hard reboot(reinstall). I did and it worked..for another week. Now I am having the same thing happen. I can't keep doing reinstalls.
I also had gone to a verizon store and he set me up with k-9 but I'd still get the error messages on the old email icon.
Just wondering if anyone else had this happen and what is the way to solve it. Tech support said they hadn'theard of any issues like I had when I contacted them

garface

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue except it started as soon as I got the phone and doesn't give me any error messages. My wife's works fine. What apps did you have installed at the time?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unfortunately I have never used AOL, so I can't speak from experience, but I would try working backwards. Contact AOL and explain the problem. They may have unique server settings that work for this situation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
F

flipper97

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue except it started as soon as I got the phone and doesn't give me any error messages. My wife's works fine. What apps did you have installed at the time?

I brought it to verizon store and was told it is an aol issue and that they are working on fixing it and to wait it out. I usually uninstall the email and then reinstall and that works for awhile.