AOKP to JellyBean

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I'm on AOKP build 38 but I'd like to try JB. I've never switched from a Rom so what steps do I need to do? And most importantly do I have to delete all of my data or can I titanium backup it and keep it all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SwagTech

Reaction score
Its just like flashing a custom ROM. Just wipe data , delvik and partition. Install from zip. I went from AOKP 40 and I flashed JB from vicious jelly bean. The GAPPs were included. After that you can just set your Google account etc as you normally would. This had Franco kernel included. I guess you could choose your own. You would want to back up every thing. There is also an app to back up your call log and SMS.

Last edited:

bitter

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice, I used Titanium before I went to Vicious Jelly Bean, and it gave me boot loops and I had to use a nandroid.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a bit of advice, I used Titanium before I went to Vicious Jelly Bean, and it gave me boot loops and I had to use a nandroid.
Did you restore system data? Because I am on vicious jb and used titanium with no issue.

bitter

Reaction score
Did you restore system data? Because I am on vicious jb and used titanium with no issue.

System data and apps, glad it worked for you though. I wish it did for me! I ended up just taking screenshots of everything so I could have my homescreens set up the same as before, haha.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
System data and apps, glad it worked for you though. I wish it did for me! I ended up just taking screenshots of everything so I could have my homescreens set up the same as before, haha.

Well that's what happened. You are never supposed to restore system data when going between android versions.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
As another precaution. Its also good to wipe the system in advanced.