Aokp rom

sadiqsamm

Reaction score
I am using aokp ROM on top of stock kernel. What am I really missing out folks?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
????????
Vague information provided
Which rom?
What software build?
What kernel?
What are you trying to achieve?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Which AOKP ROM?
Now that I think about it, did any of the aokp ROMs use the stock kernel? I think most of the time they use leankernel, but I don't keep the same kernel long enough to remember.

I'm on AOKP JB build1 with Trinity and loving it

OP
sadiqsamm

sadiqsamm

Reaction score
Aokp_maguro_jb_built-1
Black-bean-v3.1.1
Kernel: 3.036-tuna-faux123-jb-019+

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think OP may be confused. I'm pretty sure tuna isn't the stock kernel, but it came with the ROM, hence his confusion with the use of "stock kernel".

You got a top of the line ROM with a kernel that the dev believes works best with it. If you want to switch kernels you certainly can.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Actually who knows what the stock JB kernel for maguro/GSM looks like?! But yea, unless the op specifically flashed the stock kernel after flashing the rom, I'm sure that's the kernel that the dev included with his version of aokp.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Actually who knows what the stock JB kernel for maguro/GSM looks like?! But yea, unless the op specifically flashed the stock kernel after flashing the rom, I'm sure that's the kernel that the dev included with his version of aokp.
I don't know any devs, especially Team Kang that sticks with the factory kernel:D

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The stock kernel in aokp is the faux kernel... tuna is the board...... that's a great kernel.. with that kernel you've not really anything

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

OP
sadiqsamm

sadiqsamm

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the eye opening discussion. I tried flashing lean kernel yesterday without success. My phone went into boot loop. How do I know a kernel is jb compatible and how do I flash it when I have already flashed a custom ROM of my choice? Forgive my ignorance/naivity. I am totally new on these things.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With lean kernel.. the new build.. 4.x are jb kernels.. 3.x is ics

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the eye opening discussion. I tried flashing lean kernel yesterday without success. My phone went into boot loop. How do I know a kernel is jb compatible and how do I flash it when I have already flashed a custom ROM of my choice? Forgive my ignorance/naivity. I am totally new on these things.

As mentioned for Lean Kernel his JB kernels are 4.X thus far, he may bump up to 5.X at some point, and may go beyond that eventually too. His ICS kernels were 3.X and below (there was a 1.X and 2.X series).

The kernel dev should have listed what the kernel is compatible with in their description for the download.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You flash a kernel the same way you flash a ROM. Remember to clear the cahe and dalvik cache before flashing the new kernel in your custom recovery.