AOKP Kit Kat 4.4.2 For The HP Touch Pad

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you were lucky enough to get your hands on the HP Touchpad a few years back when HP had that crazy fire sale going on you may be either ready to chunk it or you could install a new Rom on it to freshen it up a bit. You would be pretty lucky to actually own one of these devices. As soon as they hit shelves they immediately sold out. People were selling them on ebay for triple what they were actually worth. One guy even hand drew one and placed his drawing on ebay. The auction reached well over 10k before ebay cancelled the listing saying that the seller had violated TOS by posting a link to his blog in the listing.

If your HP Touch Pad is still laying around the house somewhere now is the time to resurrect that bad boy. AOKP has been released and it will bring your device up to Kit Kat 4.4.2. This is a stable build. Everything is working including wifi, sdcard reader, and AOKP rom control. You will obviously need to be rooted and have a custom recovery installed, which is a different process altogether on the HP touch pad since it shipped with Web OS. If you know what you are doing head to the source link below for downloads.

Via Rootzwiki

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
That's really nice. I like to see development for great older devices that can breathe new life into them :)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is great news except for the fact that it's a Media Data build, which means I'll need to spend a half a day trying to get this to work on my Touchpad because the filesystem will need to be recreated using a bigger data partition size...UGH! 4.2 works fine on it though, so I'll stay put for now.