[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

deduct

Reaction score
BigZig said:
I do not have data dropping issue my issue is when i rebot my phone the phone can not find a signal at all. I have try toggling airplane mode switching to CMDA then back to LTE nothing works i love this rom but this issue has made me go back to stock. Any known Fix?

The only way i have found that fixes this is to reflash the rom and this gets very annoying.

Try going into safestrap and erasing dalvik. Then reboot. Has worked for me when this same thing you describe has happened to me.

ajjaeger

Reaction score
Crobs808's well written reply finally got me to return to my non-safe stock rooted. I don't know why I didn't do so sooner. I forgot how snappy and stable the .902 version was. Safe-strap makes the transition between safe and non-safe systems so easy. I will miss all of the ICS goodies of this rom, but without hardware acceleration and the unreliability of the data connection, it's just not suited for full time use. I can't wait for the official Bionic ICS release candidate to leak. Hopefully we'll see it sometime this summer well before Motorola's Q3 predicted roll-out. Until then, I think Gingerbread is still the best bet for us Bionic owners. I have been curious to try the Eclipse rom though (GB w/ ICS theme). I've heard nothing but good things about it.

@deduct Did the Delvik wipe fix the connectivity issues, or just lessen the frequency in which they occur? I still have axiom on my safe system. I may have to give it a try.

deduct

Reaction score
For me the dalvik wipe fixed data problems. U should wipe dalvik each time u reboot your phone while on ics rom. Hardware acceleration problems were getting to me. So I went back to eclipse.

matjmonk

Reaction score
For me the dalvik wipe fixed data problems. U should wipe dalvik each time u reboot your phone while on ics rom. Hardware acceleration problems were getting to me. So I went back to eclipse.

I'm not meaning to hijack the thread or disrespect the dev but if you want to check out sparkyman's work on ICS, go to

ROMAXIOMCS - DROID BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

he has two builds, one for CM9 and one for AKOP that run very well. He has the open init.d fix and scripts that wipe cache on every reboot so the data issues are definitely minimized. I won't say they are gone (probably won't be until Moto/VZW gets off their collective rears and gives us and ICS update) but I've been running it for a couple of days and it seems to be doing pretty good (I'm also on .905). The data issues plagued me on the other ICS/CM9 ROMS to the point I never stayed on one for more than a few hours. Also, I'm not sure what the dev did but the games like Angry Birds that rely on HW acelleration work very well. Of course the FFC, video recording and face unlock still don't work but it is still quite impressive.

Cheers

CD95YJ

Reaction score
My issue with axiom and all the ICS builds for that matter is when/if I reboot my phone my hotkeys stay lit when the screen is off. they turn off with the screen as log as I do not turn off or reboot my phone. I have done the dalvik cache and even normal cache wipes and neither work. Short of doing a full data wipe and reinstall does anyone have an idea of how to resolve this?

Last edited:

jickracer007

Reaction score
Yes there is an ICS icq chat in Droid Bionic forums.
It's a specific forum site dedicated to the"Bionic"

rwking

Reaction score
Can someone edit the OP to include a working DL link? Thanks! :)

Tegamal

Reaction score
How sad is it that the only thing I want in a ROM is the notification bar widgets? Why can't anyone other than Samsung see that those are a great idea? Did they patent that or something?

Looks good, can't wait to see a non-beta version!

kamisan

Reaction score
Tegamal said:
How sad is it that the only thing I want in a ROM is the notification bar widgets? Why can't anyone other than Samsung see that those are a great idea? Did they patent that or something?

Looks good, can't wait to see a non-beta version!

power control plus gives you some of it. you can create your specific drop down controls. works fairly well