AOKP Android Open Kang Project updated to build 30!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
aokptitleblue-1.png

Last week when Google released 4.0.4 source many developers began work merging their roms with the updated source. Team Kang was one of the first to get their rom merged, but pulled the rom after release, and decided to allow their build 29 to be a test build. They have perfected their update and have released it as build 30! It includes all of the customization features that you have come to know and love from this Rom series, plus even more inovation! This build also includes some fixes such as the T9 dialer was fixed, and image saving issues in Rom Control were fixed. Some other changes came with this build such as the new Faux kernel to overclock your cpu to ridiculous speeds (all the way up to 1480mHz on the Galaxy Nexus!), sped up animation speeds, option for disabling camera sounds (for all the creepers), and a super innovative feature to add custom apps and system apps to the navigation bar (you could get rid of the app dock altogether if you wanted which would give you even more screen real estate!)

This Rom series keeps getting better and better, and is becoming the Rom that sets standards for others to follow!

Grab the Rom for your device here via Rootzwiki

jerkwad

Reaction score
lol @ the "for all the creepers" comment! Looking forward to seeing some new builds come out with this code - I still have yet to see anyone comment that the bluetooth is working properly (at least on the razr)...hope to see this possibly addressed in this code release!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely awesome! I'm not using this exact one(Droid Th3ory already incorporated this into his Patient Zero build), but still awesome since other roms get based off this. AOKP is definitely the best though.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

jerkwad

Reaction score
Is this true???

Illegal in some areas..???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

What are you talking about? Where does it mention anything illegal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bsmith0731

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Where does it mention anything illegal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Under the selection to uncheck sounds for camera it says this setting maybe illegal in some areas

jerkwad

Reaction score
^ ahh, so you must be running it already? I didn't see that in any of the screen shots (or i'm more blind than i thought lol). How's it running for you, assuming you are running it? Funny that NO camera sound even has the potential to be illegal! God bless Amaaarica, home of the "free" ;-)

bsmith0731

Reaction score
^ ahh, so you must be running it already? I didn't see that in any of the screen shots (or i'm more blind than i thought lol). How's it running for you, assuming you are running it? Funny that NO camera sound even has the potential to be illegal! God bless Amaaarica, home of the "free" ;-)

So far so good.

Runs smooth. And I did a dirty flash

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some other changes came with this build such as the new Faux kernel to overclock your cpu to ridiculous speeds (all the way up to 1480mHz on the Galaxy Nexus!)

ehh, not too ridiculous, i've seen (and ran) kernels that overclock to 1600mHz...
and darn, i JUST got build 29 all set up like a day ago lol...time to backup and test it:biggrin:

52brandon

Reaction score
Is this true???

Illegal in some areas..???

I believe that is the case in some foreign countries, but not here in the US

I just finished loading the new AXI0M PZ ROM which I believe is based on this AOKP source as well. Haven't played with it very long, but I do like the new features where you can custom set the menu buttons and they can be something completely different holding it down too. Pretty clever IMO

jayman350

Reaction score
I wish that they directly supported the Bionic, droidth3ory has been doing an awesome job with his ports but there hasn't been an update since March 20th. I'm looking for a flash fix, can ya hook me up

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Im Unlocked but unrooted at stock 4.04. I want to update to B30 or 31. This is my first custom rom and i cant find any directions on what to do. I assume i have to root which is no problem but could anyone tell me a step by step for this or direct me to one? Been looking for a while but cant find any.