Anywhere to find the SBF of just the stock kernel?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nateccnn, Apr 25, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I rooted the 2.1 update1 by RSD Liting the SPRecovery SBF file. I then put Adamz LV Overclock kernel on the phone. I'm hoping there is an sbf that removes the SPRecovery and puts the stock recovery on and another SBF file that just puts the stock kernel back on the phone. Is there such a beast? I have googled but I'm sure I'm searchiong for the wrong terms.

Nate
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Or...I guess an update.zip that does the stock kernel would accomplish the same thing. Either way.

Nate
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I've got that file. I don't want to apply someone else's nandroid backup because that requires a wipe of data and cache. But I thought about restoreing just the recovery (uncheck everything else). I was hoping there was a clean way to just install the stock kernel since that is all that is changed on my phone. I want to run a test and see if my Vz rep will even see that I am rooted...just for S&G.

Nate
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

You shouldn't have to wipe to install the kernel. Just place the unzipped (unrar'd in this case) folder into your nandroid folder on your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, select this nandroid backup, then only select the boot image. Deselect everything else. Install it. Then reboot again.