1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyway way to toggle the screen not to timeout when plugged in?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by apeshitninja, Dec 22, 2009.

1. apeshitninja

apeshitninja Guest

I have it plugged in on my desk sometimes and want it to stay on so I can see new emails/txts and reply without having to unlock it.

Is there a quick way to toggle that on and off besides dock mode?
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Menu > Settings > Applications > development > check 'stay awake'.... won't sleep when charging.
  3. iamsupreme

iamsupreme New Member

Or get a free, kick ass app called Screebl.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Screebl and KeepScreen are apps better suited for when you're using the phone unplugged (ie. maps, nav, browser, etc)... since the OS has the function to stay awake when charged.... no 3rd party software needed! lol
  5. apeshitninja

apeshitninja Guest

Cool. I know you can set it to stay on when charging, but I also leave it charging at night and other times when I don't want the screen on constantly. Looking for a way to toggle that feature with a button, will try those apps, thanks!
  6. CharlieDog

CharlieDog New Member

Timeout screen toggle does the same thing as keepscreen. You just press it and t disables the screen timeout
Search tags for this page
andriod no screen timeout when plugged in

android disable screen timeout when plugged in

android no screen timeout when plugged in

no screen timeout when plugged in android