Anyway way to toggle the screen not to timeout when plugged in?

A

apeshitninja

I have it plugged in on my desk sometimes and want it to stay on so I can see new emails/txts and reply without having to unlock it.

Is there a quick way to toggle that on and off besides dock mode?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Menu > Settings > Applications > development > check 'stay awake'.... won't sleep when charging.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Screebl and KeepScreen are apps better suited for when you're using the phone unplugged (ie. maps, nav, browser, etc)... since the OS has the function to stay awake when charged.... no 3rd party software needed! lol

OP
A

apeshitninja

Screebl and KeepScreen are apps better suited for when you're using the phone unplugged (ie. maps, nav, browser, etc)... since the OS has the function to stay awake when charged.... no 3rd party software needed! lol

Cool. I know you can set it to stay on when charging, but I also leave it charging at night and other times when I don't want the screen on constantly. Looking for a way to toggle that feature with a button, will try those apps, thanks!

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Timeout screen toggle does the same thing as keepscreen. You just press it and t disables the screen timeout