Anyway to stop Verizon JellyBean update?

1233user

Reaction score
After reading about all the problems people are having (especially with battery life) after "upgrading" their S3 to JellyBean, I have decided that for now I don't want the upgrade. I have gotten the message on my phone, and delayed the upgrade, but it looks like it will only let me put it off for 5 days after the download took place (Verizon must have forced the download to my phone, because I never agreed to it). How can I stop this "upgrade" to JellyBean from taking place? Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
First thing you want to do is turn your phone off and clear your cache in stock recovery. Then root it and rename the upgrader or updater apk to .bak or freeze it using titanium. Clearing the cache worked for older phones like the X and X2 so someone double check me. It is what I would do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Let the install take.... Once it installs use it for a day, Back up EVERYTHING you can and do a factory reset..... 99% of the problems people are reporting have been fixed by doing a reset to the phone..... In my mind OTA's need to be done away with and all updates should take place on a computer through something like KIES where it can back up all data wipe the phone clean install the update and then restore the owners data.... trying to do an upgrade over top of another system without wiping ALL data is just not a good way to go... Again this is my experience and opinion and I am sure that others will say OTA is fine.....

Joecal88

Reaction score
First thing you want to do is turn your phone off and clear your cache in stock recovery. Then root it and rename the upgrader or updater apk to .bak or freeze it using titanium. Clearing the cache worked for older phones like the X and X2 so someone double check me. It is what I would do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Please tell me exactly where i can find this update file. I have a Droid Razr and i dont want the jellybean update. I wouldnt mind updating to jellybean but i use Foxfi, it doesnt work with jellybean and thats my problem. im using rom toolbox to find the file but dont know where to find it to freeze it or change the name.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
No problems with Foxfi and Jellybean on my GS3. Great App. Great Update.