Anyway to Rotate the Screen Counter Clockwise

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im using the dock runner app and i want to place my phone on the desk with the port facing UP instead of down because its pressing against the desk and i can't keep my phone straight.

anyone know of an app that flips the screen counter clockwise instead of clockwise when rotating the phone?

Moondonkey

Reaction score
if you are rooted, check out the Cyanogen ROM. It has 360 degree rotation!

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im using adamZ 5.0.1 rom at the moment i don't wanna switch from it =( any other way? im surprised there isn't any apps for it =(

Big Cam

Reaction score
Im using the dock runner app and i want to place my phone on the desk with the port facing UP instead of down because its pressing against the desk and i can't keep my phone straight.

anyone know of an app that flips the screen counter clockwise instead of clockwise when rotating the phone?
Why not buck up and spend the $25 on the Moto dock.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree to just buy the dock, however I want to stay on subject. So some ROMs have 360 rotation and I think thats kinda cool. I am rooted on Ultimate Droid 7.8 and was wondering if anyone could help me with this rotation thing. Any way thru root explorer or somehting that I can add this function to my rom?

Thanks!

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
because Im using this at work. I was thinking of getting it but I dont want the risk of it being stolen overnight. and to carry it back n forth everyday from work is just a bit annoying to me, Its bad enough i carry my charger around. So right now Im actually using a paper clip box... with a hole in the back and a hole on the top lid to slide my power cord through and make a lil custom desktop holder LMAO it solves the problem of the cord pushing against the desk since the paper clip box raises the phone while hiding the cords.... its pretty funny but effective i wish i could take a pic of it.

Either way, if anyone knows of any apps id still wanna find out just to know.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Anyone feel like making an app that does it? ^_^

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
because Im using this at work. I was thinking of getting it but I dont want the risk of it being stolen overnight.

Wow, i couldn't work at a place where I feel my personal times would be stolen if left on my desk..

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I think Cyanogen is currently the only way. I keep hoping other ROMS will include this functionality. I really like this feature, not sure why, but I do.

Why don't you get a cheaper cradle like the Mikcradle, or make your own, lego cradle or etc. There are a few How to's on the forum if you search for them.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I think Cyanogen is currently the only way. I keep hoping other ROMS will include this functionality. I really like this feature, not sure why, but I do.

Why don't you get a cheaper cradle like the Mikcradle, or make your own, lego cradle or etc. There are a few How to's on the forum if you search for them.

I made one out of a paperclip box.... I have the entire office laughing and 3 of em copying lol. I gotta figure out a way to take a pic of it....

the lego one sounds pretty good I wonder if my little brother still has his legos

thumper300zx

Reaction score
360 rotation rocks. I loved that about thy Cyan mod. I might try it again, but I had stabilization issues. Also standard email program (which I absolutely need) URL links would not open -- those two issues were too much for me. I also prefer the SPRecovery system. I may go back and try a few tweaks, like using K-9 email (it's better anyway, and it's what I've been using for the past week).