Anyway to organize bookmarks with Dolphin browser?

PhontomF

Reaction score
I have like 40 bookmarks created inside dolphin but I created bookmarks for my favorite sites first and so they are at the bottom of the bookmark list now. Anyway I can shuffle these around or even create sub folders somehow? Thanks!

nyijedi

Reaction score
I have like 40 bookmarks created inside dolphin but I created bookmarks for my favorite sites first and so they are at the bottom of the bookmark list now. Anyway I can shuffle these around or even create sub folders somehow? Thanks!

No, there isn't . I e-mailed the dev about this a while ago and he said that it wasn't a priority and he had no plans on adding this feature in the near future. This is the main reason I don't use the dolphin browser. "BookmarkBR" in the market allows you to order bookmarks in the stock browser, which is what I'm currently doing.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting how they are responsive while free, but once they can make $$$ on it ...

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Thats pretty lame ..guess I will live with it until firefox comes out

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can sorta group your bookmarks. I had it sync with my google bookmarks, and I have a lot of those with labels. So, once you have them sync'd up, you can tell it to filter by label if you like, via the menu button. May not be the ideal solution, but it does help, and that makes it like using folders to sort them....

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
You can sorta group your bookmarks. I had it sync with my google bookmarks, and I have a lot of those with labels. So, once you have them sync'd up, you can tell it to filter by label if you like, via the menu button. May not be the ideal solution, but it does help, and that makes it like using folders to sort them....

I read about that but it seems you would need google toolbar to create google bookmarks and I'm not going to put that on my PC.

theproles

Reaction score
I read about that but it seems you would need google toolbar to create google bookmarks and I'm not going to put that on my PC.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you're willing to install Chrome and signup with a gmail account you can accomplish the same thing without a google toolbar. It's not necessarily the simplest way, but it keeps your other browsers free of unwanted toolbars.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I just download the Dolphin add-on "Morning Coffee". Allows you to "Keep track of your daily routine websites". Unfortunately, I do not see a way yo transfer you already bookmarked sites to it and you have to manually enter each site you want to add.
I haven't played with it too much because I only have a few bookmarks, so this add-on really isn't needed.

peggsie

Reaction score
Shuffle Dolphin bookmarks

You can prioritize your bookmarks in Dolphin HD browser.
- Open Dolphin and choose bookmarks through the menu button.
- choose edit bookmarks on your screen.
- to the far right of each bookmark is an up/down arrow
- just move your fav bookmarks to the top of your bookmark list..