anyway to hide superuser permissions icon?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
or you could just use adb to remove it from the apps :) but what pc said also works

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
When I had to turn my phone in last week I followed that exactly. See they are going to wonder why you are not on the latest software update (maybe). To remove all doubt I just used sbf rsdlite and then manually installed each update until I was on froyo frg01b.
You can just go straight to the FRG01B SBF (or the FRG22D if you want to actually be where most phones would be by now). Flashing one "full flash" SBF on top of another doesn't really do anything since they are not cumulative like the update.zip files can be (but aren't always -- it depends on how they are written). The SBF's completely replace the entire partition that they are updating, leaving nothing of the prior contents of that partition behind.

OP
B
Reaction score
alright guys, i'm good to go. when back to 2.0.1, then got the OTA update for 2.2. never went to 2.1, hope thats not an issue. everything is working normally, gps/voice/data, battery, etc. thanks alot!

OP
B
Reaction score
you guys are the best, i'm running CM6 now overclocked to 1.1ghz, all my troubles are gone thanks to you. i appreciate it a ton!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I had to turn my phone in last week I followed that exactly. See they are going to wonder why you are not on the latest software update (maybe). To remove all doubt I just used sbf rsdlite and then manually installed each update until I was on froyo frg01b.
You can just go straight to the FRG01B SBF (or the FRG22D if you want to actually be where most phones would be by now). Flashing one "full flash" SBF on top of another doesn't really do anything since they are not cumulative like the update.zip files can be (but aren't always -- it depends on how they are written). The SBF's completely replace the entire partition that they are updating, leaving nothing of the prior contents of that partition behind.

You have an sbf file for stock froyo on the droid?

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score

You have an sbf file for stock froyo on the droid?
Yep - the FRG01B SBF is on Peter Alfonso's downloads page, and the FRG22D SBF is linked to in some posts on DF somewhere (don't remember where but I know someone stuck it on megaupload or something).