Anyway to Hide pictures?

kastj

Reaction score
Haha trying to hide pictures of your gf from mom, classic.. I swear this forum is highly entertaining.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Create a folder (name it whatever you want that wouldn't draw suspicion) and put a file in that directory named ".nomedia". Use your computer to just rename a text file or something small to .nomedia

Any directory with such a file in it will not be included in the gallery. Therefor no one would know that the folder contained photos unless they manually opened that folder. Unless your mom is quite tech savvy I doubt she'd even know how to browse the files on the phone without the gallery.

biglu

Reaction score
Give Tiger Woods a call. He knows all about hiding stuff on his phone...:icon_ goofy:

not really...he got busted and had to tell his girl to earse her name from her voicemail so he's not a good choice.

thelion

Reaction score
So...you live with your mum (which suggests you are either underage or....) and you want to hide inappropriate pics of you gf. Nice.
No, I'm 18, so I'm of age.
If you are 18 why is your mom still in control of your phone? Did she buy it, if so let me remind you that it is her phone if not it is your property and to take it would be theft.

OP
M

Monstrosity

Reaction score
So...you live with your mum (which suggests you are either underage or....) and you want to hide inappropriate pics of you gf. Nice.
No, I'm 18, so I'm of age.
If you are 18 why is your mom still in control of your phone? Did she buy it, if so let me remind you that it is her phone if not it is your property and to take it would be theft.
It's a christmas present.

But i'd ratehr keep a home lol.

J-Buck

Reaction score
lol u shouldn't put them on ur phone. thats kinda dumb. keep em on ur computer
Why would I want to put my gf's pics on my MOM's computer?

And reason I want hidden, hidden..so if mom goes through phone...they don't exist :)

She'd make me put in password or take th phone so yeah.

o lol i understand. i didn't kno u was 18. i'm 19 an yes moms tend to snoop...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
lol u shouldn't put them on ur phone. thats kinda dumb. keep em on ur computer
Why would I want to put my gf's pics on my MOM's computer?

And reason I want hidden, hidden..so if mom goes through phone...they don't exist :)

She'd make me put in password or take th phone so yeah.

o lol i understand. i didn't kno u was 18. i'm 19 an yes moms tend to snoop...

lol...My youngest Son has had his GF sleep over since he was 17 ;)

J-Buck

Reaction score

bwhite757

Reaction score
Do what was previously stated by adding a . in front of a folder name. Using astro file manager. Photosafe has a couple of bugs, and on a couple occasions my "hidden" photo's thumbnails were still visable in the phone's gallery.

jismail

Reaction score
Create a folder (name it whatever you want that wouldn't draw suspicion) and put a file in that directory named ".nomedia". Use your computer to just rename a text file or something small to .nomedia

Any directory with such a file in it will not be included in the gallery. Therefor no one would know that the folder contained photos unless they manually opened that folder. Unless your mom is quite tech savvy I doubt she'd even know how to browse the files on the phone without the gallery.

I just tried this, but for diffenent reasons ;) ....

our company email has a .gif in the signature block and my gallery shows every emails sig .gif as a picture in the gallery. I tried putting a file named ".nomedia" in the topmost folder in the email attachements directory reww of the email program (touchdown) but it didnt seem to work. Do you need to put it in EVERY directory or just the root of the nested directory that has the .gifs in it?

droid_rules

Reaction score
Ok I tried the .nomedia and it dosent really work very well. It works ok if you never want to view the media you are trying to hide, or if you want to reboot the droid after every time you view it. Because it shows up after you look at it until you reboot.

saghaulor

Reaction score
This is a two step process.

In Linux (Android), to hide a file or directory, name it with "." before the actual name, ie .hiddenfile

Then, download the Astro File Manager app.
With that app, you can change the view settings in the file manager to display/hide hidden directories/files.

Viola, your files are effectively hidden from anyone who isn't tech savy or doesn't have sufficient time to toy around with your phone.