Anyway to get thunderbolt sound from boot animation for notification?

Javaknight

Reaction score
I downloaded es file explorer and found the file. Now, how do I get it to where I can access it from the ui. Thanks for the tips! They have gotten me this far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I created a folder on the SD card named Notifications and copied the thunderbolt sound file there. now when you go to settings and look at the list of notification sounds the new one will be there :)

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Thanks! I did exactly that. Not sure if it was necessary but used ringdroid to access it off the sd card. Thank you again for the help!

Javaknight

Reaction score
the new notification sounds works for GMail and text notifications, but for some reason the original tone, Alpha.mp3 I think, is always the one that sounds for the Mail app. any ideas? the settings for the app only allow you to turn the sounds on/off but that's it :(

I even tried to copy the FinalThunder sound file to Alpha but it's protected for the moment...

UCGoody1

Reaction score
Am I the only person who's phone doesn't make the Thunder noise anymore on startup?

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Go under personalization, go to notifications and you have to set up each one individually. Good luck

Javaknight

Reaction score
Go under personalization, go to notifications and you have to set up each one individually. Good luck

thanks! you rock! dancedroid that was driving me crazy lol

vatothe0

Reaction score
Am I the only person who's phone doesn't make the Thunder noise anymore on startup?

On a related note, how do I turn it off? I don't want it making noise when it reboots.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TBmike

Reaction score
Thunder notification

I found all those Thunder sounds/notifications on Zedge, but does anyone know how/where to find one that has the "Droid" notification (the same one from the Motorola Droid{s}) first, and then the thunder sound? Thanks!

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
if u rename the final thunder mp3 file u can use it as a ringtone/notification...whatever dancedroid:icon_ banana:...otherwise its DRM protected :icon_evil::icon_eek::icon_evil::icon_eek:

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Not positive if it will work but you could try this, (I was able to copy the file to my sd card this way. Use Es file explore open up the app, switch to home (phone) access /system/customize/resource folder and the file is called "FinalThunder.mp3" long press and there is an option to delete. Give it a try, I would test it for you but I doing want to get rid of it. Good luck, I hope it works for you.

Last edited:

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Scratch that. I went and tried it for you and it will not allow you to delete the file. Sorry

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You have to be rooted to delete the stupid thunder sound.

SSGNOYES

Reaction score
Zedge

This is the BEST app. EVER !!! Thanks alot for the intel !!!!