Anyway to get 3rd party home replacement as default on Droid 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by user53, Jun 6, 2010.

1. user53

user53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Home switcher does not work due to api changes. However I see in the comments of both launcher pro and adw.launcher that either are running great on 2.2. How can you get one of the others to be the default?

2. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Once they are intalled and you hit the home key there is a check box to make it default... like all the other types of programs that you may have that do the same things like MMS or browsers or other such things.

If you installed say launcher pro and it does not come up when you hit home you need to go into the application you are currently using for home and clear the defaults. Then when you hit the home button a list should pop up with all the launchers you have and allow you to set one as a default.

to clear defaults: menu key > settings > applications > manage applications > then find the app your are using for your default launcher. There will be a clear DEFAULTS button. Do not clear data :p

3. user53

user53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That does not work for the default launcher in android 2.2 Froyo. Also when you install those other apps, it does not ask you to choose a default home app. Atleast not the 2.2 rom build that was installed via clockwork recovery.

4. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am posting from 2.2 installed via clockwork. I have the default, launcher pro, and ADW installed. If I clear the defaults I can choose which one I want to use. Did you clear the defaults through the applications menu?

Also when you install a new launcher it will pop up the window asking which to default to so you could go and install helix or something else just to get the pop up. Set the one you want for default then delete the un used ones.

5. sdorn

sdorn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I installed LauncherPro, it offered me the choice to make it my default home screen just like under 2.1. I couldn't find Helix in the market though. LauncherPro works great though.

Search tags for this page

droidx how to allow third party apps change default install