1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyway to do this?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kilicar, Dec 9, 2009.

1. kilicar

kilicar New Member

Is there anyway to hack the motorola droid so I can use it without a verizon data plan and go on the internet and get email via wifi?

Someone what hacking/jailbreaking does for iphone users?

I have a blackberry storm and cant afford the data but I really need internet and wifi.
  2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

So youre asking us if we can hack into verizon and turn off your required data plan with the phone? So you canmake calls but have no data plan?

You can buy the phone outright.

3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

there is a way to do this, if you buy the phone retail... you may need to do some searching, but the codes/commands are here somewhere. and it doesn't require rooting...

question, you can afford a $600 phone but not a $30 data plan?
  4. kilicar

kilicar New Member

easy, my storm broke 6 times, 3 within the last month and they are giving me a free swap to the driod!

if anyone has a diy on this PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I will be getting my driod as soon as I know this.
  5. zegolf

zegolf New Member

So now you're looking at a $350 early termination fee, because VZW is probably going to throw a spit-fit when you try to cancel services on your "free" Droid.
  6. wuyanks

the link is on this site somewhere, on how to activate the phone without a data plan. a quick search and i couldn't find it though :( sorry.
  7. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

If they are giving you a droid as a replacement explain the situation. They are probably going to force you either way. As previously stated, they may try to hit you with the ETF.
  8. kilicar

kilicar New Member

Well when I spoke to them I said that I would like to lower my plan to the $10.00 a month family share plan and that I was going to sell the driod once they gave it to me. They had no problem with me saying this.

I am not terminating any plan, just lowering it.

My cousin has an iphone that he has hacked so he is only paying for a regular phone plan by using wifi, he paid the min but had email and internet.

I wanted to know if anyone hacked that same feature on the droid. Can I activate it using the $10.00 a month plan and also use the wifi.

Thank you wuyanks I will keep looking also, If anyone has the diy steps on how to do this PLEASE PLEASE let me know.
  9. kilicar

kilicar New Member

wuyanks

what would you call what I am trying to do? is there a name or term for it?

I am not exactly sure how to search for it.
  10. Randomocity

Randomocity New Member

Basically what you want to do is shut off all data over the main radio save for calls.

As verizon requires everyone to have a data plan that owns the phone, I seriously doubt that you'll find someone to take the time to disable in and outbound data on the phone over CDMA.

Basically, you're not going to be able to use the phone without the plan, and when you get the new one from your Verizon swap, I can almost guarentee that they'll activate the 30 a month plan, and when you attempt to cancel you will have to pay the 350 ETF.

Sorry bud.

EDIT: Good news and bad news buddy. As long as you're willing to not recieve calls on this thing, you can type in *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information. Scroll down to the bottom and hit Turn off radio.

This will allow your phone to continue to use Wifi, but have no network access via Verizon. Is that what you're looking for? You wont be able to make or recieve calls using this method.
  11. wuyanks

ouch that was what i was thinking Randomcity. tough scenario that you can't make/receive calls with that method
  12. killah911

killah911 New Member

Droid with no $30 Data plan

Verizon has plans for other phones where you get unlimited data and txt as part of a family plan. The Droid's $30/mo for data hurts. But nevertheless, does anybody know if you can not pay $30/mo for the data plan and just use the regular family internet/txt package? I know you can do it on the iPhone and well, my belief is, if the iPhone does it the Droid must be able to :)

My Droid's rooted, so if you can do it on a Jailbroken iPhone, why not on a rooted Droid? (rhetorical question, please don't feel the need to answer). If you know how, please share, if not, well we'd have to chalk that up to one this droid doesn't !?!?! :icon_ devil:
  13. krazykid6911

krazykid6911 New Member

Sorry for my noob question, but with a storm, arent you forced into the same $30 data plan?
  14. catfishk

catfishk New Member

you can put the Droid on any CDMA carrier that allows you- mine is on Cricket Wireless. however, CDMA data isn't working for me currently- either due to Cricket's proxy or because something in the phone's chip or software resets the CDMA settings back to Verizon upon reboot. in other words, it won't authenticate to another carriers data plan... yet

you can enjoy WiFi, calls, and SMS without the Verizon data plan. however, we are still working on CDMA data/internet on other carrier's data plans
  15. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Yes..........
  16. ddarvish

ddarvish New Member

i dunno what everyone is talking about but VZW requires ALLL smartphones to have data plans and it is impossible to have a smartphone on the network without a data plan unless you do some VERY illegal and hard hacking of cloning the ESN of a dumbphone onto your droid so that vzw thinks you dont have the droid.. basically impossible
  17. Ms Tasty

Ms Tasty New Member

Toggle Between wifi and radio on

Ok so quick maybe dumb question... So assuming I had the phone (droid) w/o the data plan and wanted to access the internet through local wifi. If I used *#*#4636#*#* to select phone information and turn the radio off to do it. Is it that simple just to turn it back on when I'm done, or do I have to reactivate or do anything extraneous to get it to act as a phone again? Just curious..
  18. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

i thought thats what "DroidWall" was for?
    maybe i'm wrong, its for root phones only i know, but it blocks in and out bound data on android phones so that wifi is the only thing used for data.

if i'm wrong, sorry, just trying to help.

[edit]
    it's in the market for free

"A firewall for Android. This is for users that don't have an unlimited data plan. It allows unrestricted WiFi access, however it blocks all access over the cellular network unless you add the application to the whitelist.
  19. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

It does...But whats the point..
  20. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

maybe i misunderstood what he's looking for...i thought he wanted to be able to use wifi for the internet without a data plan...
Search tags for this page
*#*#4636 galaxy s3
*#*#4636 kodu s3
*#*#4636#*#* data plan
*#*#4636#*#* no funciona htc droid dna
*#*#4636#*#* verizon
*#*#4636#*#* what is this

hack verizon data plan

how to get hack data on droid x
how to hack wifi with code *#*#4636#*#* on my android
thunderbolt *#*#4636#*#*
use droid without data plan hack