Anyway to add shortcuts to droid lock screen similar to the lg g4

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Also is there a good keyboard replacement for turbo with numbers at top.

What are the best tweaks for a turn whichbi just got had a maxx then lg g4 now on turbo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
There are several keyboards that have the numbers on top ( my preference also). There is Ginger keyboard and Touchpal that I use. Experiment with them to see which you might prefer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Tried both so the extra row as an option in touchpal but had too many adds ginger keyboard seemed better but could not find a way to turn on extra row

1coopgt

Reaction score
ai.type keyboard plus . Been using it for quite a while really like it .

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Tried both so the extra row as an option in touchpal but had too many adds ginger keyboard seemed better but could not find a way to turn on extra row

For ginger keyboard, on the lower left side long press on the number key. Slide up to the settings gear. Then select themes and layout. Turn on numbers layout.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Swiftkey is a nice keyboard and is resizable if that matters - they have a floating style keyboard which is one of my faves.

Not sure on your shortcuts to the lockscreen without adding a 3rd party app - this is like the Moto lockscreen but you can add widgets which means you could add some type of widget that has your selected shortcuts maybe...

AcDisplay - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I like widget locker app for home screen but I somes have issues with it as it crashes and am testing again with turbo and found that disabling built in lock screen helped but notifications don't show automatically in widget locker so
I found something called open notifications which works to open notifications with a button press from widget locker and home screen getting closer to making turbo work like an lg g4 still missing the better camera resolution back button and dialer and tap tap to wake but I am using gravity app to wake now.

I wish Motorola would add in a turbo 2 all these features plus an iPhone style fingerprint unlock button as well as I have to use app lockers instead and fingerprint locks would be better

I will test your suggestions as well

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Swiftkey is a nice keyboard and is resizable if that matters - they have a floating style keyboard which is one of my faves.

Not sure on your shortcuts to the lockscreen without adding a 3rd party app - this is like the Moto lockscreen but you can add widgets which means you could add some type of widget that has your selected shortcuts maybe...

AcDisplay - Android Apps on Google Play
Swift key is awesome love the number bar and option for arrow but arrows get in way so turned off arrows options

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm back to Google keyboard after trying Swiftkey which had the keys too close and was easier to make errors. Are they adjustable?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Swiftkey has multiple layouts and is quite customizable. I've switched to Google keyboard myself, so I don't have it installed anymore, but you should dig around in the settings for Swiftkey. There may be something there to help you.