Anyway of going back to the old version?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Only if you download the update to your computer. If you download it to your phone I have instructions for an Astro-based, no-computer-required install.

OP
B

bluemagiic

Reaction score
I download it to my phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you’re doing this without a computer at all or simply using Astro to install your update then you’ll need to change a couple of steps; first, install Astro from the market before attempting the download. This makes sure it won’t give you a “file content not supported” or similar error. After you’ve downloaded the file to your phone you’ll find it (in Astro) in the“download” folder located on the root of the SD card. Boggles the mind, doesn’t it? Downloads going to the download folder. How’d they ever think of that? So, having navigated to this point (beware of dragons!), find the file, long-press it to get the options to come up and select edit. Rename the file “update.zip” without the quotes. Astro already reports the compressed file as a .zip, so it includes it in the renaming process. Make sure that .zip is there! Now, long-press it again and select edit, then move. Hit the back button once and you’ll be in the root of your SD card. Press the menu soft button and select edit again, then select paste, and VIOLA! you have the update.zip in the root of your SD card. Now proceed as above.