Anything new on increasing the LUX level?

richie1378

Reaction score
I haven't been on in a while, but does anyone know about any upcoming software updates on our camera settings? The Droid can almost be perfect if they just allow more light into the camera lens during low lit shots :)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Nothing yet . Someone on Motorola forums was saying that a maintainence update is coming and it will address this issue , but I don't think it's legit . It seems that not so many people care about this . I would love a camera application that can adjust the ISO manually , especially in video mode .

OP
R

richie1378

Reaction score
Nothing yet . Someone on Motorola forums was saying that a maintainence update is coming and it will address this issue , but I don't think it's legit . It seems that not so many people care about this . I would love a camera application that can adjust the ISO manually , especially in video mode .

I hope Moto does have a fix soon or a developer puts out an app first. I've realized one thing with the Droid forums...there are few people that actually complain about the LUX levels on our phones,I wish more did. Maybe, they would be faster on a fix.

Scribble

Reaction score
I hope Moto does have a fix soon or a developer puts out an app first. I've realized one thing with the Droid forums...there are few people that actually complain about the LUX levels on our phones,I wish more did. Maybe, they would be faster on a fix.

I think there are a number of complaints, it's just most people don't know what LUX level actually is... Their complaints just get boiled down to: "The droid camera sux yo."

hacku

Reaction score
Funny I found this thread. Last night I was giving this some thought. I downloaded the QIK video app, and decided to try it out last night. When you first launch the app for a split second the video is nice and bright, but then a split second later it goes dark once it "adjusts".

I don't know why the hell they decided to set it so dark. The other night I went clubbing and tried to take video of some friends doing some shots. I turned on the LED (Mototorch) to have some light, but even then I couldn't see a thing on the screen. When I played the video back it was just black and you could only hear the audio.

Very disappointing!

OP
R

richie1378

Reaction score
Next time do a comparison with an iPhone...you will be even more disappointed. "Take notes Motorola!" Ive learned to not even bother taking pics at night anymore. The flash helps but u have to be less than a foot from your target.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Next time do a comparison with an iPhone...you will be even more disappointed. "Take notes Motorola!" Ive learned to not even bother taking pics at night anymore. The flash helps but u have to be less than a foot from your target.

Compare it with a 2007 , 19$ Samsung flip-phone , It's like somebody is running your heart with a truck . The 19$ phone takes better videos in low light conditions .

If you go from something really bright to dark , for a split second it's bright , but then it goes really dark . The auto-adjustment sucks , if they can't figure out the auto-adjustment balance for bright to dark areas , at least they should give us the option to manually adjust the ISO .

hacku

Reaction score
By the way, the LUX level would have to be lower not higher.

(Lower LUX=more light)

Wikipedia said:
Use in video camera specifications

Specifications for video cameras such as camcorders and surveillance cameras often include a minimum illuminance level in lux at which the camera will record a satisfactory image. A camera with good low-light capability will have a lower lux rating. Still cameras do not use such a specification, since longer exposure times can generally be used to make pictures at very low illuminance levels, as opposed to the case in video cameras where a maximum exposure time is generally set by the frame rate.