Anything else I can do to this??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jmorganwv, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jmorganwv

jmorganwv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i got my :motdroidhoriz:droid:motdroidhoriz: early december. I rooted it, installed 2.1, changed the boot screen as well as the font. i wanted to change the font colors as well as the background colors when im typing but have found that's not really possible yet. Can I Change the color of the notifiaction bar to say...lime green? Also any other ideas on what i can do? Im new to this and its been a lot of fun

2. mammlouk

mammlouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to change the notification bar to whatever you want with metamorph. I haven't had any luck with it in 2.1 (metamorph causes a reboot), but I know others have because there is an xhero beta for 2.1

3. jmorganwv

jmorganwv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    got metamorph installed and working. all the themes ive been able to find so far though all have redone everything. i like the way the app menu is set up on 2.1 and dont want to change it. any suggestions where would be the best place to look to learn how to change just the not. bar and use as a theme?

4. mammlouk

mammlouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can take a look here for the general idea:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/14220-full-walkthrough-how-theme-droid-2-0-1-a.html

It should apply just the same with 2.1
    I would use adb to pull the stock framework-res.apk, unzip it, and figure out which files you want to change. Then create a folder for your theme and build the hierarchy required for the files you are changing. The notification bar stuff it is in framework-res.apk so you will want a structure like this:
    MyTheme\framework-res\res\drawable-hdpi

Now you can copy the files you are going to modify into that folder and start editing. Make sure you take a look at the information on 9patch images (basically images that will be stretched) here:
    Draw 9-patch | Android Developers

9-patch images will be named imagename.9.png vs just imagename.png

After you have the images you want all ready to go create a text file called MyTheme.thm in the base diredtory of your theme. Don't use anything that has formatting like office or wordpad. In the file you will want to put the following information.
    Code:

Droid
    framework-res.apk
    /system/framework

Hope that helps.

5. jmorganwv

jmorganwv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm i think my chances of really screwing up something are pretty good if i start pulling system files off there. think ill just wait and maybe find something i like

6. mammlouk

mammlouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you do the pull it just copies the file to your pc. As long as you have SPRecovery installed you should be able to recover if you mess up. That being said, it you aren't comfortable definitely don't do it. ;)

7. jmorganwv

jmorganwv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    think im gonna hold off. the other mods i did were pretty easy, well more straight forward for someone with limited experience, and mostly just replace this file with that file. ill either find a theme i like or just wait til im more comfortable to try my hand at this

#7 jmorganwv, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  8. jmorganwv

jmorganwv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i found this thread last night to make my not. bar and shade transparent. seems straight forward and seemed to work. that was until i put the code line in moving the framework-res file from my sd card to the system files. i have successfully bricked my phone....twice. i'd made the nandroid backup so everything came back just fine, was still a little nervous when screen just went black.

this is the thread i was working from. i got the right zip file and renamed it properly, and made sure i copied the commands exactly

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/7973-transparent-status-bar-shade-rooted-droid.html

9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    One of these? lol
    [​IMG]

10. jmorganwv

jmorganwv New Member

Ratings: