anything better?

preacher1611

Reaction score
ok so is there really any rom better than stock? i mean the stock has 7 pgs to work with and my 2.2 is up to date. i would love to have my seven pgs and a transparent note bar and a 3d menu thing. so any one got a rom i would like. that rubix seems to be like my phone was before the up date. sucks. help plz

dakoop

Reaction score
I like chevys rom but to each there own. Make a backup and restore if you don't like it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try Chevys Simply Stunning X v1.0 for the Droid X. I loved his rom on the Droid and now that I have an x I am going to put his rom on my phone once again. And always make a backup first, before installing another rom.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to forums, then droid x then, droid x roms. Click on chevyno1.

sephtin

Reaction score
ok so is there really any rom better than stock? i mean the stock has 7 pgs to work with and my 2.2 is up to date. i would love to have my seven pgs and a transparent note bar and a 3d menu thing. so any one got a rom i would like. that rubix seems to be like my phone was before the up date. sucks. help plz

"Better" is always going to be subjective.
rubiX uses ADW as the launcher. Instead of asking if it could be made into 7 pages, you post that you don't like the ROM... because it sucks. :p

To make ADW be 7 pages wide:
Menu> Edit> + on left, + on right. Voila, 7 pages.
In fact, ADW can go up to 15 pages, iirc. Does this make it better than stock?

"rubiX seems to be like my phone was before the up date. sucks."
Really? Again, to each his own. rubiX is probably the fastest ROM available for the X right now. It IS NOT blur based, so there are functions that don't work the same, but I'm happy to get rid of Blur ANY DAY for what I receive in return...

Everyone is looking for something a little different, and GL finding something you're happy with!
One suggestion: before claiming something sucks... please consider listing what you don't like, and trying to "fix" those issues first. The community here is amazing. The choices are amazing (for what we have to work with...). Having more options never sucks.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with Sephtin, everyone has their own personal choice or opinion, but I run Rubix and it is amazing on my phone.

And Ive tried most of the rest, Rubix for me....works better.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
For my comment about the rubix I am sorry. Your right I should have asked about it first. I think I was running an old version of it. Can someone tell me the latest version?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
And another question, what does blur based mean?

cpjr

Reaction score
Blur is Motorola's framework stuff thats added to the stock Android OS.

Rubix Focused 1.6 and Blurry 1.0 are the current versions.

PS- And everyone has different experiences with different ROMs, and depending on the phone and each individuals setup, different ROMs will work better/worse for everyone.

So its normal for one person to have great experiences with a ROM and another to not....but doesnt mean that ROM is bad by any means.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still lovin' rubiX here, and I'm on .03 version:)

Don't wanna change cause I have no issues and 928's Theme works with itdancedroid

And how do you get more pages Sephtin?

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
Okay so I need to install the rubix and the blur? Or is the blur installed with rubix?

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
And should I get a virus protection also?

cpjr

Reaction score
No need for virus protection.

There are 2 seperate Rubix ROMs. Focused which has NO blur, and Blurry which is blur.

Read through the ROMs section here dude you'll get all the info you need.

luv2increase

Reaction score

Is this post a joke? :/(

If you think rubix sucks then nothing will make you happy. You might as well get an iPhone or something.