Anyone working on rooting Droid Incredible 2?

bik2101

Reaction score
i've had issues l;ike that too.. where some apps work and some don't. i think that might just be a limitation of temp root.
the bluetooth issue seems to be a known issue. seems like BT and temp root don't play well together.

anguish

Reaction score
Yeah, Bluetooth and temp root are a known issue. Rebooting the phone (eliminating temp root) should fix it. It has for me, at any rate.

Reaction score
Just verifying I should use titanium backup to get rid of preinstalled apps so it does not mess up updates? And I have read on some forums that rooting can potentially increase battery life. If true is there a specific process to that?

You can use Titanium Backup, MyBackup Pro, or any other app that uses root access to Freeze apps. By freezing the preinstalled Bloatware, your battery life will improve (it's kind of like uninstalling all the crappy pre-packaged software that comes on your store bought PCs usually speeds up your computer). Also, with a perminant Rooted phone, you can load custom ROMs and Kernels that undervolt the CPU and increase your battery even further.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
dinc2 root

rats, upgraded my wifes lg dare to dinc2, only to find no root. reading all the forums it looks like it could be awhile. cool phone lacking 4g support thou. aah, she wont know.

anguish

Reaction score
Not true.. It has root.. Just temp root. :) Perm root would be nice though. And, I suspect it's just a matter of time before it gets it. Hopefully HTC will unlock the bootloader on it.

suprdave2

Reaction score
Here's to hoping it's rooted soon. I really want to try out adfree andriod.

Don't suppose there's any way of getting it on there and having it stay with temp root eh?

JimmySVT

Reaction score

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
haha.. I hope they can get it done. Mine is an S-ON phone and can only get temproot. It's the same procedure as the Incredible S: Temp root for apps required root access (for s-on IS) - xda-developers

Ok i'm still on my OG Droid, and the wife is hounding me about a new phone, i've been looking at the Droid X2 and the Incredible 2. But i have 1 simple question. WTH is an S-ON phone???

Signing. It's root but without the goodness of ROMs and such at this point.

Sent from my A855.

jstultz2012

Reaction score
Please tell me someone out there is still working on a prem root for the Incredible2???

anguish

Reaction score
It's still being worked on, from what I've read. Might be a bit yet still..

devator22

Reaction score
The incredible s has been rooted successfully. Now all that remains is for one of the devs from alpharevx to port over the exploit to the inc2. It is not far away at all.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

indee2025

Reaction score
Di2 rooted

blockbuster had another update come down the pipe so it started draining the battery again like it does out of the box...really need root to clear the crap they put on here, mini golf game? vcasts? I will drink a beer to the final bankruptcy of blockbuster-what a POS company and I'm tired of seeing them on android devices...I like verizon but they are smoking crack rocks if they think anyone is using that bloat ware and thinking its a good thing, to include their line of vcast crap...

Droid noob

Reaction score
blockbuster had another update come down the pipe so it started draining the battery again like it does out of the box...really need root to clear the crap they put on here, mini golf game? vcasts? I will drink a beer to the final bankruptcy of blockbuster-what a POS company and I'm tired of seeing them on android devices...I like verizon but they are smoking crack rocks if they think anyone is using that bloat ware and thinking its a good thing, to include their line of vcast crap...

I see the blockbuster in the apps section, but is just a link to go download it from the market. I don't see how this is draining battery, as it appears to be more of a link than an app. Plus I never see it in the running services section

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2