Anyone working on rooting Droid Incredible 2?

meltdown

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has succeeded in rooting this awesome new phone. The Thunderbolt took very little time and the devices are fairly similar.
I came from the original Droid so I really miss the power I had over MY device. Plus I would really like to get rid of the all the bloatware.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does a bear make a mess in the woods? Of course someone is working on it. It probably won't be long.

OP
meltdown

meltdown

Reaction score
I just want my notification bar background transparent again!
Gingerbread wouldnt hurt either.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums App

talimore

Reaction score
Herring rid of bloatware would be great. This phone is excellentbut has way to much bloat on it. Root it someone!!! Would also be nice to control CPU for battery purposes.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Herring rid of bloatware would be great. This phone is excellentbut has way to much bloat on it. Root it someone!!! Would also be nice to control CPU for battery purposes.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

For some reason I think your Inc2 spellchecked "getting" into "herring", lol.

Happened to me yesterday. :)

OP
meltdown

meltdown

Reaction score
I used Bloat Freezer (Donate version of Titanium Backup would work too) and the Incredible S temproot method to freeze all the bloatware. My app drawer is alot lighter now. They stay frozen even after reboots. Just defrost them and they are back. dancedroid

Last edited:

dboss007

Reaction score
OK, this is such a noob question but I'm new to HTC devices and I'd rather do it right the first time...

To run ADB on the device, do I just have to enable debug mode or do I need to install drivers as well? I'm running on Windows XP... Coming over from having a D1 that was stock seems night and day almost!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
meltdown

meltdown

Reaction score
OK, this is such a noob question but I'm new to HTC devices and I'd rather do it right the first time...

To run ADB on the device, do I just have to enable debug mode or do I need to install drivers as well? I'm running on Windows XP... Coming over from having a D1 that was stock seems night and day almost!

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem at first. I picked HTC sync on the phone.. debugging enabled.. usb drivers installed (came with HTC Sync software)...

dboss007

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem at first. I picked HTC sync on the phone.. debugging enabled.. usb drivers installed (came with HTC Sync software)...

Thanks! I saw that option but was afraid it would install something that would be impossible to get rid of!

I'll be trying the temp root again tomorrow, hopefully first thing in the morning. Thanks again!

mikecolorama

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

can you give me more detailed instructions on how you did this. thanks.