Anyone with rebate troubles?

Caniac Nation

Reaction score
I had problems with one of my rebates. I sent two inside two different envelopes (per the Verizon reps advice). I got one, but got nothing on the other. I called Verizon and they told me they saw nothing and I was screwed. (I didn't keep copies of the side of the boxes). I pressed the issue with a supervisor and told them I did everything through Verizon so they have all my info! All I had to do was send a copy of my third receipt (with the ESN # on it) and they are processing my 2nd rebate now. Sheesh.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Moved in December from ATT for their so called "better service" , I was so wrong . First I got Omnia 2 and clearly specified that I want a 1 year contract , I was charged for one year contract 369$ for the phone and when I got home , find out I have a two year contract . Next thing ,it took 2 days to have my phone activated because they messed something else and had to read all the posible serials and IMEI's from my phone to technical support and finaly after two days it was working . Replaced that Omnia 2 with a Droid , payed 35$ restocking fee and send the rebate form , now I got a card that is telling me that I already got a instant store discount and I'm not eligible for rebate . What a bounch of BS , the full price of the phone is 559$ , I payed 369$ and the price is 269 after 100$ mail-in rebate for 1-yr contract , so as it is they gave me a 190$ discount and they are expecting me to give them back 350$ in case I'll cancel my contract . What the extra 160$ for ? Man we are getting so screwed by this guys .

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I've been waiting for mine since dec twelfth, I just called them and got it sorted out, my first car was sent back to the and undiliverable to the address for whatever reason, so they're sending me a new one, no problem. Should be here next week sometime. Woot!

tonestert

Reaction score
Got my rebate card within a reasonable time but when I went to use it it had a balance of .05 cents :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Went to the rebate card site and there was a charge for 99.95 to a Korean Restaurant in Los Angeles ! Not only do I not like Korean food (no offense) but I live in Virginia.
Had to file an affidavit with Citi who the card is issued through now I have to wait up to 90 days more to get my money. This really sucks !!!

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
I've got to give'm thumbs up! I filed and received my card in two weeks. It came in handy! But you can only use it as a credit card - not debit. I tried it at Costco and no go. No problem. I bought several other things online with it, including my Bluetooth earphones. Thanks, VZW! :) cuskit