Anyone with rebate troubles?

caricamento

Reaction score
Which UPC/bar codes to send in?

There is a sticker with a collection of about 4 bar codes (if my memory serves me) on the side of the Droid box. Is that what you cut out to satisfy the phone ID and the Proof-of-purchase requirements? I can't find anything resembling a UPC anywhere else.

REARless

Reaction score
Just an FYI if you have not bought one yet.

I got my Droid at Best Buy and they took the $100 off at the register and THEY filed for the rebate. NICE!

denlem

Reaction score
It's been about 5 weeks for me and there is no sign of my rebate.

You would think it would be cheaper for Verizon to just price the phone $100 off rather than bother with the rebate thing. It's gotta cost them money to process these things!

cuskit

Reaction score
So - they cut your box bar code off right there at the store? My rebate form demanded the actual box code, no substitutes.

I got mine in two weeks. Haven't used it yet, though I tried at Costco. They would not accept it as it can only be used as a credit card, not a debit card since there is no pin assigned to the card. Costco does not accept Visa credit cards.

cuskit

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I always take the rebate forms to customer service and they credit my account.

BCrawford

Reaction score
Got mine at Best Buy on launch. No rebate, just a $200 price tag. And they didn't cut out the side of my box. Much easier than messing with rebate forms and biting your nails waiting for it to arrive.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Bought my phone on Nov. 6th. A couple weeks later, I sent in the rebate form that was shipped with the phone. Checked on the rebate status a couple of weeks after that and it said it was invalid due to an incorrect purchase date. Called and asked 'em, WTF?

They said that the form I filled out was the incorrect form. I told 'em it was the only form I had (it came with the phone in the shipping box.) They took another rebate application from me over the phone and gave me a new rebate tracking number for it.

Haven't received that rebate card yet, but when I check the new tracking number on the website it says the rebate is valid and should be shipping soon. (It's been about 10 days since they re-did the rebate for me.) Total time spent on the phone trying to figure out the problems with the original rebate: about 15 minutes.

So it hasn't been as smooth as it should've been, in my opinion, but they did handle it properly. I'm guessing I'll have the card next week, sometime -- they told me 3 weeks was the average time to receive the card, so I'm not concerned yet.

EDIT: Just checked the website for the first time in a few days. Now it says that the card shipped on Dec. 17th. So maybe it'll be here in the next couple of days instead of next week.

EDIT2: Got the card on Dec. 23rd. So it's all good. :)

Last edited:

RolandOG

Reaction score
Hello, new Droid owner here. Is there a way to get the rebate form online? I didn't get one from the store today, even though I asked if it was in the box and was told it was. I also checked to see if it was one of the long receipt printouts, but it's not. I guess I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow if I can't download the form.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

RolandOG

Reaction score
Hello, new Droid owner here. Is there a way to get the rebate form online? I didn't get one from the store today, even though I asked if it was in the box and was told it was. I also checked to see if it was one of the long receipt printouts, but it's not. I guess I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow if I can't download the form.

https://www.yourwirelessrebatecenter.com/promocenter/verizonwireless/promo_search.html

Thanks for the link!

General_Lee86

Reaction score
I am glad I bought my droid online because when I do it online they automatically take it off so I got mine for 149.99 and I'd rather only buy from verizonwireless.com and no other site I don't trust the other cellphone sites because of the way they get you stuck in 2 contracts one for them and one for verizon! I hate that. I should be getting mine today!