Anyone with rebate troubles?

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
So I purchased 2 MOTO droids for myself and the GF. Since I bought them through our rep I have to do rebate forms to get the 200$ price tag. (i had to pay 300 up front) I am about to send my rebate forms in that I have looked over hundreds of times to make sure they are filled out correctly, but I am still paranoid i wont get my rebate.

Anyone have any issues with getting their rebates?

If you fill one thing out incorrectly are you toast?

and lastly... how long did it take to get your rebate?

Thanks,

Mr. BananaDroid
:icon_ banana:

OP
B

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
I received my rebate card in the mail about 2 weeks after I mailed them in

Did you make photocopies of all your forms for back ups just incase? I am wondering if I am just being too paranoid. I always have bad luck with mail in rebates.

zegolf

Reaction score

Did you make photocopies of all your forms for back ups just incase? I am wondering if I am just being too paranoid. I always have bad luck with mail in rebates.

I filled out the form that they provided AND filled it out online (it's something like verizonwireless.com/rebate or something). Then I printed two copies of THAT form out and sent it, the original rebate form, the receipt and the barcode from the box. Rebates are the easiest way for companies to make free money, so no, Verizon, you cannot have my free $100!

AudioCow

Reaction score

I filled out the form that they provided AND filled it out online (it's something like verizonwireless.com/rebate or something). Then I printed two copies of THAT form out and sent it, the original rebate form, the receipt and the barcode from the box. Rebates are the easiest way for companies to make free money, so no, Verizon, you cannot have my free $100!

Same here. Mailed it in on 11/23... I was getting worried but the Verizon Rebate Center finally received it on 12/10....

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
The whole rebate process for me took about a total of 3 weeks! I have the Card in my Hand, on on the way out the door to spend it all :p

Just follow the instructions to the letter. I have never not received a rebate from Verizon in my 9 years as a customer.

Reaction score
Make sure you photocopy absolutely everything you put into the envelope!

I received a postcard back from the rebate center that said mine would not be processed because my wireless number was not included with the rebate paperwork. This was clearly bs because it is printed on the receipt that verizon gave me to send to the rebate center!

Luckily I had made copies of everything, so I dug those up and called them. The person I spoke to said that the last 3 digits of my number were unreadable on his scan of the rebate form. Instead of physically looking at the rebate form I sent in to verify the number (which was perfectly legible on my copy) they just flat denied it due to a miss-scan on their part. I was polite and able to convince the guy that I did not need to resubmit the form (for some reason he thought I could do this even though I already sent the originals to them??) so he finished processing it while I was on the phone with him. Got it in the mail a week later.

OP
B

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
Make sure you photocopy absolutely everything you put into the envelope!

I received a postcard back from the rebate center that said mine would not be processed because my wireless number was not included with the rebate paperwork. This was clearly bs because it is printed on the receipt that verizon gave me to send to the rebate center!

Luckily I had made copies of everything, so I dug those up and called them. The person I spoke to said that the last 3 digits of my number were unreadable on his scan of the rebate form. Instead of physically looking at the rebate form I sent in to verify the number (which was perfectly legible on my copy) they just flat denied it due to a miss-scan on their part. I was polite and able to convince the guy that I did not need to resubmit the form (for some reason he thought I could do this even though I already sent the originals to them??) so he finished processing it while I was on the phone with him. Got it in the mail a week later.

It's horror stories like this that scare the **** out of me.

Anyways I took your advice everyone. I did the online submission first, and I printed out copies, and made copies of everything. I need to redo the envelopes because I had to reopen them to add the new forms. Ohh well.... not a big deal i mean its 100$ were talking about i could careless about wasting a few envelopes and stamps. (yeah i already stamped the envelope ; ; )

I will send them tomorrow, and pray it just all works perfectly.

Thanks for the advice.

Mateles

Reaction score
My rebate status is approved, but I haven't received the card yet. I'm still 10 days away from 30 days from 20 days ago though, which is their wait time before you contact them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forgot all about my rebate. With me turning in a Storm 2 previously and changing to the Droid something got screwed up. I never got a rebate form either. So they just gave me 100.00 credit. Perfect!:icon_ banana:

jamiehughes

Reaction score
i got mine in about 3 weeks and already used it online(verizon.com)
to pay most of my bill for next month

Mojoman

Reaction score
I told Verizon I'd buy the phone at Best Buy and get the rebate at the register and they gave it to me instantly over the phone. You have to haggle with them. They do give in.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I bought 2 phones on 11/6, sent the rebates in the 3rd week of November and just received them both this week.

GThree

Reaction score
Verizon screwed me over when I tried to get my BB rebate. So, instead of dealing with them when getting a new phone, I go to Best Buy. That's where I bought my droid. You don't have to deal with crappy rebates, because it's applied directly, and they can handle your phone plan for any provider. :icon_ banana: