Anyone want Multi Touch?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by taypotts, Feb 2, 2010.

1. taypotts

taypotts New Member

Anyone thing this will work to get the update that gave the nexus one multi touch for our Droids?

How to manually update your Nexus One | Android Central
  2. agdaniels

agdaniels New Member

The Droid would look quite stunning as a paperweight. Word is that there is an updated radio for the N1 in that update, applying it to the Droid could potentially end unfavorably
  3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

The only thing I don't have multi touch on is maps. Not a big issue for me.
  4. iSecks

iSecks New Member

You DO know that you don't have to actually update to get the new apps from the update, right?
  5. agdaniels

agdaniels New Member

Rhetorical? You DO know there are going to be plenty of ways to get the updates as time passes, but I only said don't use the update.zip because we don't need anyone doing anything stupid, right?
  6. iSecks

iSecks New Member

True. You could just edit the update and remove the flash of the new radio image though. That, of course, is assuming you're already running 2.1 ERD79, and the checks that are made in the update pass on the Droid. [Which they should, as they're just file checks, and if you're running ERD79 the files should be the same on the N1 and the Droid (I believe)]
  7. agdaniels

agdaniels New Member

I thought about trying it when I saw the news break, some of the devs on alldroid had already been playing around with it though. Said they were having some reboot loops but were figuring it out. Shouldn't be long before they are packed into the various roms
  8. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Yeah, I was reading that too. If I read correctly, it's because they had deodexed /system/ previously, so the new files [which are odexed] were not read correctly. The newest posts [after birdman told people to deodex the framework and jar files] say that they're running it and working on posting it. I'm looking forward to having a non-hacked [Well, less-hacked] multitouch browser, and multitouch maps. :D
  9. agdaniels

agdaniels New Member

Awesome, I wasn't following the thread as closely as I should have been it seems! I'm stoked about the pinch to zoom in maps as well, thats going to make a huge difference